PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 03:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So if Sprint gets Touch Diamond 2..

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Oh for crying out loud !The reason why Sprint is replacing TPs for TP2s is because the TP had so many hardware design flaws. The Diamond doesn't have these issues. Geez people, stop trying to jump on the "gimme something for nothing" train!Do you people do the same thing with everything you use? When you use a car for a couple years and you start having mechanical problems do you call and complain to the car manufacturer that you aren't happy and they should give you the newest model!? Where does it end!?
I like my Diamond
Even though I'm on my 3rd one
1st one had the defective stylus magnet that came apart and the
2nd one had the defective touch screen, the defect with the worms I posted about awhile back.
My 3rd one is doing pretty good............for now. And I purchased another used but like new Diamond as a Backup just in case. I also have TEP, so I'm covered.
I got Diamonds coming out my a*s..............I wish they were real Diamonds though
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 10-13-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:26 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I have no problem with consumers that have problems with products that are still under warranty or have paid for insurance protection getting that product repaired or replaced. I do have a problem with conumers that break their products and try to get those products replaced because they want something newer and raise holy hell when they don't get their way! People never grow up these days. Everyone acts like a little kid in a store that doesn't get a toy they wanted. They throw a temper tantrum. No personal resposibility .Try working in the electronics business for just a short while and you will be ed by what the public will try to get away with.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Horn, I totally agree with you on people who intentionally break their products, but I don't think anyone here is actually doing that. Moreover, I don't see anyone getting a replacement/upgrade without still having the 1 year warranty or Esrp/Tep, so that's a moot point.

Last edited by Jocelyn84; 10-13-2009 at 03:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:46 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I gave you a thanks cause I hope you are right.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:50 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Profound statement: Sprint phones seem to have more complaints on these forums than Verizon devices.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:16 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
When you use a car for a couple years and you start having mechanical problems do you call and complain to the car manufacturer that you aren't happy and they should give you the newest model!? Where does it end!?
No, they usually come with a warranty and optional extended warranty which cover mechanical problems. Which is what the TEP is for our phones. It can be just as frustrating dealing with the auto dealer when you have problems. I brought my truck in to the dealer a total of 6 times for an electrical problem, each time having to find a ride or take a cab to and from the dealer. I almost returned the Truck, but they fixed it on the 6th time, about 1000 miles before my warranty ran out.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
Horn, I totally agree with you on people who intentionally break their products, but I don't think anyone here is actually doing that. Moreover, I don't see anyone getting a replacement/upgrade without still having the 1 year warranty or Esrp/Tep, so that's a moot point.
Have you read any of the tp threads? I've read about people that are intentionally bricking their phones by taking out files from the SYS, etc. (so it can't be fixed with hard reset) and getting replacements. Personally, I think I'll wait to get a phone that can be flashed to WM7 in the future. A bigger screen would be nice (mainly because all of the new HTC stuff is WVGA and porting to VGA seems to be a pain).
Old 10-13-2009, 12:39 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think intentionally bricking phones is dishonest and unethical. So getting a new phone should come out of your pocket.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Customers intentionally bricking their devices?
Please say it ain't so
Are people that Dishonest
Old 10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO/Inspire/TP2/Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work4wheelfurry is keeping up the good work

My first PPC was my Sprint Touch two years ago. The touch was a perfect device, beautiful screen and work(s) fine. I purchased a used but in good shape diamond and I'm using it now. Works great, no glitches. I have not had and will never have insurance nor do I scheme to obtain something for nothing. I am happy with purchasing used but good working order phones and I realize purchasing this way I'll never own the newest hottest phone out at the moment but that don't bother me in the least. At the end of the day I feel I have gotten the best deal and most of all I DID IT THE HONEST WAY and that is what is most important!

To those who break their stuff on purpose to obtain the newest stuff: shame on you!!
To those who have problems out of your honestly purchased phones, good luck to you because it is these schemers who make it hard on honest insurance clames...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond