PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Nex-Tech Unlock? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90109)

CharmPeddler 10-11-2009 11:21 PM

Nex-Tech Unlock?

Hi guys, i just got the Diamond from Nex-Tech (Western Kansas Carrier). i am having problems with unlocking this phone.
just last week i unlocked and installed the Mighty Rom on my old Alltel HTC:TP with no problems.

i have the Diamon Unlocker, but i keep getting an error. i connect the phone and Active Sync says it is connected, i ignore the "welcome to PPC sync..." screen and try to unlock. it says the curren image is version 1.23.556.0. going to 1.57.Diamond. few moments go by and the phone goes to TRI color screen. the Disconnect beep/tones go off telling me the phone has disconnected. then the Unlock utility get an "Error [284]: Update Error". i have tried this after a fresh Hard Reset ( before the customized stuff, and after). and throughout many other levels.

anyone have an idea of what to do?? i have tried this about 12 times now.

basilray 10-12-2009 11:30 AM

Re: Nex-Tech Unlock?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharmPeddler (Post 1230901)
Hi guys, i just got the Diamond from Nex-Tech (Western Kansas Carrier). i am having problems with unlocking this phone.
just last week i unlocked and installed the Mighty Rom on my old Alltel HTC:TP with no problems.

i have the Diamon Unlocker, but i keep getting an error. i connect the phone and Active Sync says it is connected, i ignore the "welcome to PPC sync..." screen and try to unlock. it says the curren image is version 1.23.556.0. going to 1.57.Diamond. few moments go by and the phone goes to TRI color screen. the Disconnect beep/tones go off telling me the phone has disconnected. then the Unlock utility get an "Error [284]: Update Error". i have tried this after a fresh Hard Reset ( before the customized stuff, and after). and throughout many other levels.

anyone have an idea of what to do?? i have tried this about 12 times now.

1. Is Nex-Tech a GSM or CDMA carrier? Make sure you're using the right unlocker
2. Cut-out ActiveSync.
a. Turn off phone
b. Hold Volume Down and Center Button
c. Press and hold power button
d. This should bring you to bootloader
e. Plug into USB and run the unlocker

MrObvious 10-12-2009 02:32 PM

Nex-Tech is a Sprint reseller so it is fine. But do what was said right above to get into bootloader, give it a minute for your phone to be recognized with drivers, then run the RUU.

CharmPeddler 10-12-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 1231683)
1. Is Nex-Tech a GSM or CDMA carrier? Make sure you're using the right unlocker
2. Cut-out ActiveSync.
a. Turn off phone
b. Hold Volume Down and Center Button
c. Press and hold power button
d. This should bring you to bootloader
e. Plug into USB and run the unlocker

Doing that gives me the white/bluelettering screen for hard resetting my phone. "1. Restore Manuf. Default, or 2. restore Manuf. default AND format moviNAND"

the computer does not ding at all saying it reconized anything, even given a few min. i went ahead and tried the Diamond Unlocker and i get the "Error [260]: Connection" screen.

basilray 10-12-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharmPeddler (Post 1232132)
Doing that gives me the white/bluelettering screen for hard resetting my phone. "1. Restore Manuf. Default, or 2. restore Manuf. default AND format moviNAND"

the computer does not ding at all saying it reconized anything, even given a few min. i went ahead and tried the Diamond Unlocker and i get the "Error [260]: Connection" screen.

My bad...I got my hard reset and bootloader confused! :scratch:

Hold the Volume Down then press and hold Power and you'll get to the bootloader (tri-colored screen). It should say Serial. Plug in the USB and wait until it switches to say USB. Then run the unlocker.

CharmPeddler 10-12-2009 05:26 PM

well that got me farther along. the phone shows the gray screen with the white progress bar. it sits there for a bit then says, "Error [262]: Update Error".

MrObvious 10-12-2009 05:59 PM

Try another cable.

CharmPeddler 10-12-2009 06:19 PM

you sir are a life saver!. I did not think that would matter seeing as i used the same cable on my Touch Pro last week. but it did. thanks again. now im off to put the Mighty Rom on. !!

MrObvious 10-12-2009 10:22 PM

Yup. Glad I could save the world with the obvious.

nxtech3 10-23-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1233133)
Yup. Glad I could save the world with the obvious.

That was just plain funny!!!