PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   When sliding to "ANSWER" phone will not answer calls (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89707)

Saturn2888 10-09-2009 01:31 PM

When sliding to "ANSWER" phone will not answer calls

When I slide the slider to ANSWER when I'm getting a call, the phone just up and stopped answering calls. What happens is it just sits there and keeps showing that it's ringing with the LEDs flashing but it doesn't answer. This has screwed of 8 calls now and restarting hasn't fixed it at all. I've had the problem for a few days now.

This all happened after I went and changed some options. Another thing that happens is the alarm doesn't show a notification to Dismiss anymore like it used to. Maybe the two are related. I went back and changed the settings to what they were (I think) but apparently missed some or the phone is unrepairable by this point. If anyone had some insight, I'd greatly appreciate it.

MrObvious 10-09-2009 01:57 PM

Re: When sliding to "ANSWER" phone will not answer calls

Which ROM are you on? A hard reset would fix it.

Saturn2888 10-09-2009 02:21 PM

RTSC.

I dunno how to hard reset.

rshyffer 10-09-2009 02:25 PM

You can do a hard reset by choosing the Clear Storage from the settings menu. Keep in mind that this will erase all your data (calendar, phone book, email, etc), and you will have to reinstall apps.

Saturn2888 10-09-2009 02:37 PM

No, that I don't like, haha. It accepted the last two calls, but kinda freezes on that screen. I wonder why.

bradart 10-09-2009 04:22 PM

this happened to me when i set a ringtone thats file size was waaay huge. Making poopy sounding ringtones.

Saturn2888 10-09-2009 05:01 PM

But I didn't change anything like that, haha. Just went into those config utilities. You might have a point but I doubt that's it. Plus, I've been trying to change it back to OldRinger2 but I can't because this version of RTSC took out the ability for me to choose that as a ringer even though it's still on the phone.

Saturn2888 10-12-2009 09:02 PM

Ok guys and gals, you're right. Let's find me a new ROM for this guy. This phone feels like it's dying in my hands.

All I want is PAM (but the data plan way), ability to see calls, text back (using T9 keys), ability to make calls, and get e-mail from 3 accounts as well as use Active Sync for contacts/calendar. Programs I have installed right now are Opera Mobile (I'd prefer Mini) and Skype. I also play music off of the phone which is the thing I use the most, second is PAM. That's it; that's all I need.

What's the best ROM for that, something that'll hopefully be extremely fast.

bradart 10-12-2009 09:32 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15650/756; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturn2888
Ok guys and gals, you're right. Let's find me a new ROM for this guy. This phone feels like it's dying in my hands.

All I want is PAM (but the data plan way), ability to see calls, text back (using T9 keys), ability to make calls, and get e-mail from 3 accounts as well as use Active Sync for contacts/calendar. Programs I have installed right now are Opera Mobile (I'd prefer Mini) and Skype. I also play music off of the phone which is the thing I use the most, second is PAM. That's it; that's all I need.

What's the best ROM for that, something that'll hopefully be extremely fast.

dude those are basically requirements for any rom! i like gadgetrom and intx myself

MrObvious 10-12-2009 10:14 PM

MightyROM is just a barebones ROM that you install whatever you what via cabs and is perfect for what you want.