PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Saturn2888 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
When sliding to "ANSWER" phone will not answer calls

When I slide the slider to ANSWER when I'm getting a call, the phone just up and stopped answering calls. What happens is it just sits there and keeps showing that it's ringing with the LEDs flashing but it doesn't answer. This has screwed of 8 calls now and restarting hasn't fixed it at all. I've had the problem for a few days now.

This all happened after I went and changed some options. Another thing that happens is the alarm doesn't show a notification to Dismiss anymore like it used to. Maybe the two are related. I went back and changed the settings to what they were (I think) but apparently missed some or the phone is unrepairable by this point. If anyone had some insight, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:57 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: When sliding to "ANSWER" phone will not answer calls

Which ROM are you on? A hard reset would fix it.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

RTSC.

I dunno how to hard reset.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rshyffer is a n00b

You can do a hard reset by choosing the Clear Storage from the settings menu. Keep in mind that this will erase all your data (calendar, phone book, email, etc), and you will have to reinstall apps.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No, that I don't like, haha. It accepted the last two calls, but kinda freezes on that screen. I wonder why.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

this happened to me when i set a ringtone thats file size was waaay huge. Making poopy sounding ringtones.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

But I didn't change anything like that, haha. Just went into those config utilities. You might have a point but I doubt that's it. Plus, I've been trying to change it back to OldRinger2 but I can't because this version of RTSC took out the ability for me to choose that as a ringer even though it's still on the phone.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok guys and gals, you're right. Let's find me a new ROM for this guy. This phone feels like it's dying in my hands.

All I want is PAM (but the data plan way), ability to see calls, text back (using T9 keys), ability to make calls, and get e-mail from 3 accounts as well as use Active Sync for contacts/calendar. Programs I have installed right now are Opera Mobile (I'd prefer Mini) and Skype. I also play music off of the phone which is the thing I use the most, second is PAM. That's it; that's all I need.

What's the best ROM for that, something that'll hopefully be extremely fast.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15650/756; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn2888
Ok guys and gals, you're right. Let's find me a new ROM for this guy. This phone feels like it's dying in my hands.

All I want is PAM (but the data plan way), ability to see calls, text back (using T9 keys), ability to make calls, and get e-mail from 3 accounts as well as use Active Sync for contacts/calendar. Programs I have installed right now are Opera Mobile (I'd prefer Mini) and Skype. I also play music off of the phone which is the thing I use the most, second is PAM. That's it; that's all I need.

What's the best ROM for that, something that'll hopefully be extremely fast.
dude those are basically requirements for any rom! i like gadgetrom and intx myself
Old 10-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

MightyROM is just a barebones ROM that you install whatever you what via cabs and is perfect for what you want.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond