PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

xxza is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can Diamond do 3 way calling?

as title.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:39 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Can Diamond do 3 way calling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxza View Post
as title.
no you cant. http://support.sprint.com/feature.ht...revPageIndex=5
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:03 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Well, despite that Sprint info, I can say differently. I made some 3-way calls last week.
While in a call, press the Talk button; dial your number; press talk again after the new call connects and you should have all three calls online.
The only problem is there is no "Flash" key anywhere so it's impossible to disconnect the second person you called without them hanging up.

The post below is correct, in that there is no indication anywhere who you are connected to and no way to switch between callers or mute any of them. My cheap Samsung phones have this functionality... strange that the phone program is so weak in this device.

Last edited by Trident; 01-03-2009 at 12:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

SupaSnipaX is just getting started

Yeah, I've done three way calling too. I'm pretty upset that it doesn't really work like it should. It doesn't tell you who's on the other line, nor does it tell you if you switched back to your other caller =(. You have to say " Hello, is this Jim? " or whatever.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

xxza is becoming a great contributor

Thanks. I just made a 3 way call. It appears that it needs another talk-press after the new call connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Well, despite that Sprint info, I can say differently. I made some 3-way calls last week.
While in a call, press the Talk button; dial your number; press talk again after the new call connects and you should have all three calls online.
The only problem is there is no "Flash" key anywhere so it's impossible to disconnect the second person you called without them hanging up.

The post below is correct, in that there is no indication anywhere who you are connected to and no way to switch between callers or mute any of them. My cheap Samsung phones have this functionality... strange that the phone program is so weak in this device.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

osmany21 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to osmany21

funny I do three way calls the same way I've always done them on all my other sprint phones.

1> press talk....hear tone
2> dail number
3> press talk again once the party picks up
4> to hang up on last call press talk again
you can verify if you hung up on the last call if you press talk again and you hear a dail tone. Its kinda like 3 way calling at home except the first party cant actually hear the phone ring on the second call.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

there certainly is 3way on the diamond...and TP. first call had to be connected...2nd call connected then pressing the talk button again will bring all 3 parties on

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

mikecism is just getting started

Yes, the Sprint Diamond does 3 way calling, and not the "TALK/TALK/TALK" way. (Although that works too, but is janky.)

Basically you call a person (via contacts or direct number), then press hold button, find next person (contacts), dial then, then press "conference" button. If now have three way call.
If you press "conference" button again, the second party is dropped.

I would pay cash money for a DECENT 3-way call app, ala slide to answer (something iPhone-ish)

I am flabbergasted this is not in the base ROM for the phone, and shocked no one has made an app for this!

Last edited by mikecism; 01-17-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:03 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecism View Post
Yes, the Sprint Diamond does 3 way calling, and not the "TALK/TALK/TALK" way. (Although that works too, but is janky.)

Basically you call a person (via contacts or direct number), then press hold button, find next person (contacts), dial then, then press "conference" button. If now have three way call.
If you press "conference" button again, the second party is dropped.

I would pay cash money for a DECENT 3-way call app, ala slide to answer (something iPhone-ish)

I am flabbergasted this is not in the base ROM for the phone, and shocked no one has made an app for this!
Unfortunately, the HOLD button doesn't really work and there is no "conference" button.
But this would be a great method if we had those keys!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:38 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

WOW.....Sprint is totaly wrong....
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond