PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Back to the Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

blackspidey08 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blackspidey08
I want to increase the letter limit for SMS

130 letters are too little of a message for me. I had an edit on my treo 800w that would allow me to change the text limit from 160 letters to 1600!! I want to do the same thing with my Touch Diamond but I cant find anything that will lead me to it. Please help asap! Thanks to anyone in advance.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Re: I want to increase the letter limit for SMS

well, its a easy regedit....
cource, it won't make much of a diffrence as the carrier cuts the messages where they want....
And srry to tell you buddy, they did that on your old phone too

But if it makes you happy to see it say 1600

Edit:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SMS\TextShared
"IS637MaxAsciiCharacters" to a decimal value of "1600"
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

blackspidey08 is a n00b

I found it. Thanks for the help and the quick response. I have been looking for this for the past few days now!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

aecker22 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspidey08 View Post
I found it. Thanks for the help and the quick response. I have been looking for this for the past few days now!
Haha, he just doesnt understand...
Old 10-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

just delete it. it will take the lag away from txting also which is a big plus!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:48 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
just delete it. it will take the lag away from txting also which is a big plus!!!!!!!
delete what?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

delete both "count"s in compose_sms.htm and the one "count" in thread_sms.htm in /windows

just to let you know. if you edit the count over 160. it will not matter anyways. this has something to do with carriers or the network.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you want it easy search for sms160.cab. It floats around a lot.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

actually just look for a mightyrom and he should have it in the 2nd or 3rd post of that thread.

edit: ok i went and read that thread anyways so i thought id find that for you.

i usually dont like doing this but since you already know what it is going to do ill post a direct link to the cab: http://www.cedonulli.org/msr/essentials/sms160.zip
and then to make myself feel better ill post where i found it. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=5
Old 10-07-2009, 05:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

blackspidey08 is a n00b

Not that I was writing 1600 letter text messages I just dont want a limit on how long my message is. I KNOW that they networks limit how long the message RECEIVED. Ex: If I were to actually write a 1600 letter text message, it wont cut me off at 160, forcing me to start another message.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
htc, pro, sms, sprint, touch