PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP with Twisted Access 1.5
Carrier: Alltel but not for long

hessien is keeping up the good workhessien is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond no longer vibrates

I got a diamond a few months ago..brand new , not a refurb, from a distributor, and all of a sudden..it no longer vibrates. I is it an easy fix..or something I should try to get warenteed?
Old 10-06-2009, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Diamond no longer vibrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessien View Post
I got a diamond a few months ago..brand new , not a refurb, from a distributor, and all of a sudden..it no longer vibrates. I is it an easy fix..or something I should try to get warenteed?
There have been a few threads on this topic. The vibrator motor failing is a known issue to Sprint as well as HTC.
You should have no problem getting it fixed under the Manfacturer's 1 Year Warranty, although that Year is creeping up fast and may already be here for many of us.
If you got it a few months ago, you won't have an issue.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 10-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My year ran out yesterday...I'm now nervous. Once the warranty expires something usually breaks!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HTC puts a 1 Year timer in the Diamond. Once the one year Warranty expires, that's it. Sh*t starts to happen
My one year is expiring in a couple of days.
Luckily, I have TEP
Old 10-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

i exchanged mine under warranty few weeks before the year was up. do it don't hesitate. i had the same problem, and there were no questions asked
Old 10-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

had this happen two times in a row for me, 6 months to my brand new phone then they gave me a refurb one and that day my motor went out, now that is bad luck...
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Canada

ai4281 is a n00b

I had the same thing happen to me, but I just went to my carrier and got a new Diamond. I'm actually on my 4th Diamond right now, because of all these hardware issues I've been having for the last year. It's been good for 3 months now, so hopefully my current one will hold up for a couple more years!

By the way, even if your warranty is out you should complain to your carrier and they should give you some kind of a discount on repairing/replacing the phone.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I did not get it from Alltel directly...but from a distributor in another state. I went into Alltel today..and they said " Since I did not get the phone from them"..They would not do anything in reegards to a warranty. I would need to go back to the distributor to get a warranty replacement. " I have had Alltel for 5 years and never had any problems with them..until now..and they kicked me to the curb. Any suggestions?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Go to Sprint. I miss the old Alltel too.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Unfortunately, my wife is under contract, but I am not...so stuck with Alltel/ATT until she is out of contract.We pay 69.00 a month on a shred plan with my phone having unlimited data, and do not see a way to get that kind of deal on Sprint...since Zag no longer works for them...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond