PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help here with Diamond storage memmory

How often have you seen this message pop up on your Diamond?
"Storage memory is critically low. If the storage memmory is not increased other programs may not be able to start. Use file Explorer to delete files that are no longer needed or move some files to a storage card."

Every time I install any new program I always install it on the internal storage card and not in main memory.......is there a way around this because I have no clue why I am getting this message.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Help here with Diamond storage memmory

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatcha View Post
How often have you seen this message pop up on your Diamond?
"Storage memory is critically low. If the storage memmory is not increased other programs may not be able to start. Use file Explorer to delete files that are no longer needed or move some files to a storage card."

Every time I install any new program I always install it on the internal storage card and not in main memory.......is there a way around this because I have no clue why I am getting this message.

Thanks
couple things to do:

1. clear cache for several programs like Opera, IE, Livesearch, googlemaps, etc. You can install cleartemps and it will do this for you as well. addtionally you can assign opera cache to internal storage through opera:config. Opera cache takes a ton or space so this may help big time.
2. assign email attachments to storage card, also if you text alot you may need to delete some of these as well.
2. some things that are installed to internal storage may end up installing to device memory. I've noticed this with certain tcpmp players for example. you may want to check in your removed programs in settings and see if there is anything you are not using that can be removed.
3. maybe check your device memory folders and see if there are any files that can be moved like pics.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Diamond: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Install 'Cleartemp', it removes cache for ya and allows ya to change where you want your csche to be saved.

Try 'Advanced Config' as well, has tons of options to change your cache to Internal Storage. Pathname for that would be /Internal Storage/xxxxx (whatever you want it to be called).

As Rileyd5 stated, enter 'Opera:config' to the address bar. Then go to user prefs, change all Temporary and cache to Internal Storage. Enable ram cache as well and you can increase tabs there.

You can also delete the items in Application Data/HTC/Album/Cache. Those are the album thumbnails, it can be as large as 10 mbs sometimes. Matters how many pics you view through the album app. It does refresh when you use the app though.

I have the cabs, but their easy to find, just google them. I would post them but I'm writing from my Diamond.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond