PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

volsvegasking is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Screen Alignment Issue PLEASE HELP!!

So I bought a touch diamond used from a guy that lived near me. The phone is in perfect condition. I turned it on and used it for a little bit maybe 30 mins. Being the lazy person I am I went to the system tab in settings and did the clear storage to take all his things off the phone to prevent me from having to do it all manually which would have taken hours.. Now I have reset the phone. It goes through the prompts. Loads the windows mobile screen then gets to the tap the screen to do the settings. I get to the screen alignment and I am having a problem getting past it. I will touch it with my finger then I will use the stylist very firm and not at an angle but it will not get past the alignment screen. I have called htc and a guy told me to update the rom (which I did). Still had no help to the problem. It keeps getting stuck at that screen and taking me back. I honestly dont feel like sending it in for repair seeing that it will take a long time. I love this phone from what I messed with it. I just dont know what to do. The phone seems to run good besides the getting stuck on the alignment screen. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:15 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Touch Screen Alignment Issue PLEASE HELP!!

At that point ActiveSync should recognize it. Try connecting it and using the program EveryWAN Remote Support Personal to remote desktop it essentially.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

volsvegasking is a n00b

sorry I am in the process of downloading now and I will post if it works..

Last edited by volsvegasking; 10-05-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Wrong info
Old 10-05-2009, 02:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

volsvegasking is a n00b

You sir ARE THE MAN. WORKED
Old 10-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

volsvegasking is a n00b

Okay I am still having trouble aligning the screen so the touch works. I am past the setup now. I still try and align the screen with the stylis and it keeps doing the same thing. I click the mouse on the arrow and it does not work either.. Anymore advice?

Last edited by volsvegasking; 10-05-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:02 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You got a bad unit and need to get it replaced.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
alignment, diamond, htc, issues, touch