PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Man, I hate this phone

I totally agree with the OP. This phone has been nothing but a pain for me.

The original Touch was far better than the Diamond. I have had this phone since September '08 and just can't stand it anymore. Bugs, freezes, low memory, etc. This is my 3rd one replaced under warranty.

I just pray that Sprint gets the Diamond 2 or something similar with WM 6.5 and no keyboard.....SOON!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikeback03 View Post
Battery life is an incredibly easy to fake stat, so if the battery is the same physical size it is almost certainly going to have about the same capacity.
No. The stock is 1350mAH. Why do you think those 3000mAH batteries last so long?
Old 10-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2 XDA Ignito
Carrier: O2

tigermoto is a n00b
Smile Re: Man, I hate this phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
No. The stock is 1350mAH. Why do you think those 3000mAH batteries last so long?
Wow, wish my Xda Ignito had a 1350mAh battery, perhaps it's because mine is British but mine is only 900mAh. However i agree the battery life isn't great but like another post has said, you can get bigger batteries and it is possible it will be the same size. I'm unsure about CDMA but i found changing the radio version can make a massive difference to battery life on my GSM phone. I put up with the battery because there's just sooo much you can do with this phone. Apps and ROMs aplenty.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1 View Post
Im pretty fed up also...The diamond definately has its issues( battery, freezing, etc). So i considered on switching to tp2 but i started to get even frustrated at the apps or lack of(of course im comparing to the iphone). I just wish I could get a stable windows phone with an app base similar to the iphone. So Until i make a decision on iphone - tp2...I just flashed mighty's latest 6.1 rom and so far so good. BUT MAN I WANT APPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck on the Apps. Until someone develops a good/integrated way for a 3rd Party developer to develop and distribute his work, then the App base will always pale in comparison.

Apples system; the ease of distribution directly to the phone, the market integration into the phone, etc.

Android modeled their market after Apples system, and they have somewhere near 11-13 Thousand apps. That is in just one year. That is almost as much as WM has had written for it in all of it's years.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 10-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: T-Mobile

ArbitrageMan is a n00b

Its funny to hear people complain about their phone the same way I do. Five minutes ago I bought a Diamond on ebay, just to see how windows mobile is doing these days. I have a Blackberry Tour, which I love, but no wifi and the trackball isnt good.

Im starting to realize that every phone is disappointing in its own special way. My wife gets angry at me because every 6 months I have a new phone. None keep me happy.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
How come you don't have picture mail on your Diamond? Is it a Telus thing or something?

Second thing, you must have never had an Iphone. When my Diamond has problems, I can usually fix them...when the Iphone had problems you just stare at it, then scream.
i have arcsoft, but i can only send mail. i can't receive it in any way. i have to access it on some trashy *** site in the size of a peanute. friggin telus.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

yea i bet all phones have their problems but the point is to be able to do something about. with windows i feel like i can. that was one of the reasons i bought diamond. i knew smart people on the forums would compensate for the marketing negligence. there is no looking back to stock rom, and TruXt i am running now. battery is probably up to 10 times better as my phone can actually idle. the first few days of diamond it was like this. first time i pull out the phone in the lecture its 25% dead, couple of hours later its 50% dead, and when i head home, after 5 hours of not using it its very close to 75% dead. its blazing fast now, stable, gps is faster, more reliable, and the apps i need, i have.
iphone, in fact, is using a lot of the privately made apps, such as g-shotgun, lightsabre, farting noises, that are note exclusively its own. it just offers an easier way of accessing them. with windows mobile, i will admit, its a ***** keeping on top of the apps. gotta browse around forums, then u gota browse around for updates, bug fixes.
all in all, with the current rom, i am very happy with diamond. after nearly a year of flashing, it is looking like a solid phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Dump your Diamond and pick up a Vogue and get a 2000mah battery and then you'll have great battery life. Then hold out like I am until a real upgrade comes around.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
It's now been one year that I've owned the Diamond. That's how long it took to go from singing its praises to anyone who would listen to hating the phone.

It seems like I am on an endless path to make this thing work right. Of course, even if I get it to work right, it won't matter as its battery life makes it useless.

For example, today it went from fully charged to 35% in 5 hours with about 2 minutes of talk time and ~80 exchange emails, and polling of my yahoo account every 30 minutes (2 emails today).

So now the question is, do I even try with the TP2? Or do I go off to the iPhone, Android, or Palm WebOS and not look back. At this point, I am thinking it's time to say goodbye to WM, thought I don't know which of the other 3 to pick yet.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Go to HTC website, find the newer ROM for your phone and be happy.

Still, building wuality is very poor for at least the Sprint Diamond, no compared to the GSM and Verizon versions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond