PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   My miss my old Touch, should I go back? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88060)

ixl247 09-30-2009 11:38 AM

My miss my old Touch, should I go back?

My Diamond is slow (relatively speaking), battery sucks and I don't need the VGA or G-Sensor... I'm considering going back to an HTC Touch... what do you all think? :???:

Once you go Diamond, can you ever go back?

And yes, I do have a custom ROM that is built for no frills, all speed and better battery life (Thanks to AJM144k)

_IXL247

MrObvious 09-30-2009 12:27 PM

Re: My miss my old Touch, should I go back?

You can if you want. PM me for sending me the Diamond if you want. I will take a free Diamond hehe.

Actually I find the battery life is actually decent once you turn off EVDO if you're texting and disable the automatic screen brightness.

spiritcrusher33 09-30-2009 01:13 PM

or just get the mugen extended battery.. adds bulk but price u pay for being able to use the diamond without running out of juice midday...

Bushrod 09-30-2009 02:48 PM

Why can't you make up your own mind?

mlin 09-30-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixl247 (Post 1204107)
My Diamond is slow (relatively speaking), battery sucks and I don't need the VGA or G-Sensor... I'm considering going back to an HTC Touch... what do you all think? :???:

Once you go Diamond, can you ever go back?

And yes, I do have a custom ROM that is built for no frills, all speed and better battery life (Thanks to AJM144k)
_IXL247

I find the Diamond to me a much better device, I made the same switch. The only thing I miss about the Vogue is that it is very successfully running Android, something additional to play with. Other than that, I find the Diamond to be a huge improvement. As far as battery life, I can usually get at least trough the day with listening to music for most to all of the day. Disable all unnecessary internet connections, push email, etc. Also, disable the auto back light adjustment. Ironically its designed to improve battery but the constant adjusting seems to drain it even more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushrod (Post 1204625)
Why can't you make up your own mind?

No wonder you have 130 post but have never been thanked...

ixl247 09-30-2009 03:21 PM

Maybe I have too much crap turned on... I get about 4 hours of battery life; I even tried another battery from my Touch Pro that work gave me, thinking I have a defective cell... No luck. So tonight, I'll stop those processes and see what happens then... thanks for the input you' alls!

bradart 09-30-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixl247 (Post 1204713)
Maybe I have too much crap turned on... I get about 4 hours of battery life; I even tried another battery from my Touch Pro that work gave me, thinking I have a defective cell... No luck. So tonight, I'll stop those processes and see what happens then... thanks for the input you' alls!

yeah, 4 hours? holy crap. Something else is going on there.

Biker1 09-30-2009 05:46 PM

Something's up with just 4 hours.
Time to troubleshoot and check what you have downloaded that could be giving you such lousy usage :(

Don't give up just yet on your Diamond until you weed things out :)

mulhiny 09-30-2009 06:34 PM

Overall I find the Diamond to be a better device, but I am also guilty of thinking about going back to a Touch. For me the strongest reason is speaker volume. Seems like no matter the tweaks, the Diamond's volume sucks. On my Touch it was just much better, and at the end of the day these are phones after all. Especially the speaker phone. On the Touch everything is loud and clear..just not so on the Diamond.

bradart 09-30-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 1205215)
Overall I find the Diamond to be a better device, but I am also guilty of thinking about going back to a Touch. For me the strongest reason is speaker volume. Seems like no matter the tweaks, the Diamond's volume sucks. On my Touch it was just much better, and at the end of the day these are phones after all. Especially the speaker phone. On the Touch everything is loud and clear..just not so on the Diamond.

I recently pulled an insurance claim and they sent me what i assume is a reconditioned model and, as far as i know, they replaced the speaker because this mofo is LOUD. i was really stoked. Sometimes i actually have to turn the system volume down.