PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

RonaldReagan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No warranty if purchased new through ebay?

I purchased a diamond brand new through ebay 11 months ago. I call the warranty company identified in the owners manual since the screen is showing random light green spots.

The service rep asked me where I purchased the phone and I explained I bought new from ebay. She explained that the warranty is only valid if purchased from an authorized dealer. I replied that the phone was shipped from sprint. She said ebay is not an authorized dealer but I could send it in for service at a fee.

Has anyone used the warranty to repair their phone purchased from ebay?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: No warranty if purchased new through ebay?

If it is off of eBay chances are it is an older phone than 11 months. The warranty only lasts a year but you could pay to get your phone fixed.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Maybe contact the seller and see what he suggests about the HTC Warranty.
If the warranty is transferrable, you could have said you purchased the Diamond from a friend.
There are 2 questions that you need to know for sure >
1) Do you have to buy from an Authorized Dealer in order get the Manufacturer's Warranty (HTC)
2) Is a Warranty Transferrable or is it only valid to the Original Purcahaser (this way you know what to say in regards to getting your Diamond serviced under warranty)
The Diamond is warrantied for 1 Year from date of purchase, no matter what the above answers are.

Someone else may have more finite answers for you.
For future Ebay purchases, if the Manufacturer's Warranty is not valid on a new purchase, it would not be worth to purchase, imo.
Since the Ebay seller purchased the Diamond from Sprint, the Warranty should be Valid, but maybe to the original purchaser. But there should be a work around to get it repaired under warranty. But time is running out.

EDIT:
This may help regarding Ebay purchases and Manfacturer's warranties >
http://pages.ebay.com/help/warranty/buyer_faqs.html
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 09-29-2009 at 01:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

I know you asked about the warranty...but why not get it fixed through sprint? if you have the TEP plan you should be covered.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire 2.2
Carrier: Telus

CyberBlaster is becoming a great contributor

You do have to buy from a authorized deal for them to honour the warranty. As they said ebay isn't one.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung I8000L
Carrier: Bell

Willis111 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
2) Is a Warranty Transferrable or is it only valid to the Original Purcahaser (this way you know what to say in regards to getting your Diamond serviced under warranty)
IMHO sprint/bell/whoever is a REseller, they buy phones from htc and resell them and transfer the warranty over to the end user. Though they are AUTHORIZED resellers ... but I'd like to see what kind of hit one of those companies takes when they get a batch of defective touch diamonds etc which would be covered under htc's warranty, same one I the end users get I think.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I bought my 2nd Diamond used.
If I activate it and something goes wrong with it, I would just say it is a Sprint phone.
Which it is. End of story
Btw, I have TEP so it would be a moot point in my case.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:37 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's really a good point Biker. If you get insurance and it is for sure a clean ESN'd phone from the carrier but sold through eBay then Asurion will honor it and give you a new phone if you do a claim.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is why I only give the information that is asked. You need to choose your words carefully.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

right. idk how many phones ive owned that i didnt buy retail/contract and i still got them under warranty.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond