PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Arrow Speed Up Your Data!!

Hey Geeks!
I saw something on pocketnow.com about this reg tweak:

Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft
Windows
CurrentVersion
Internet Settings
On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then add the following registry values:
Value name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Value data: 32
Base: Decimal
Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Value data: 16

It had a link to the original thread on xda here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4589639

I was curious and checked my registry and I already had the second dword value but not the first. I added the first one and I have noticed a positive improvement.
I thought I would try to spread the word.
BTW There is a cab available in the thread on xda if you don't wanna add the values yourself.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

good find bro!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Threadstarter

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

good find bro!
No problem!
Let me know if it does anything.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MTS

tryptik is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Speed Up Your Data!!

kinda curious to see if that would work
Old 06-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

saw this posted here before, does this work for pei, opera, or tethered?
Old 06-02-2010, 11:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Hey Geeks!

Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft
Windows
CurrentVersion
Internet Settings
On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then add the following registry values:

I was curious and checked my registry and I already had the second dword value but not the first. I added the first one and I have noticed a positive improvement.
BTW There is a cab available in the thread on xda if you don't wanna add the values yourself.

I don't doubt ya or anything friend, but is this for CDMA/GSM, and has anyone tested it yet?

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Hey Geeks!

Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft
Windows
CurrentVersion
Internet Settings

I don't doubt ya or anything friend, but is this for CDMA/GSM, and has anyone tested it yet?
It was posted in the touch pro area over on xda. I am cdma and I only had to put the first dword value in because I already had the second because I believe it is put in by Schap's Advanced Config. So far I've noticed faster page loading.
Basically, from what I have researched about it, it increases bandwidth so more images and symbols load faster rather than two, three, or four at a time it loads many more. Try it and see. You can always just remove the values. That's why I didn't post about it until I tried it first so I knew it wouldn't screw something up! lol
It should help on all data connections.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

This tweak has been around for a while now and is cabbed up:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121593
Attached Files
File Type: cab SH4Ys Raphael Net Speed Boost.CAB (1.3 KB, 283 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

RESET is just getting started

I loaded that cab last week and it definitely made my data connection faster. If i had thought about it, I would have done a speed test before and after. My GF has the same phone and I haven't loaded the cab on hers yet. Maybe I can do a speed test this weekend and post the results.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESET
I loaded that cab last week and it definitely made my data connection faster. If i had thought about it, I would have done a speed test before and after. My GF has the same phone and I haven't loaded the cab on hers yet. Maybe I can do a speed test this weekend and post the results.
Hey, great!
That's why I initially started the thread because even though the tweak has been around a while I only had half of it and I thought others might not know about it either.
Yes, don't be afraid to post results positive or negative. I'm curious what others experience.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond