PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 07:52 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone won't receive calls. SMS won't show up unless I make an outgoing call

as of 2 days ago I flashed to Intx 2.5 rom and since then I've flashed back to mighty final, stock, shipped, everything. soft reset, hard reset. called sprint and they couldnt figure it out. they had me change my MSID. I updated the PRL.
My phone won't receive calls or texts. however, when I make an outgoing call (which works fine) all my unreceived texts show up at once. Is there something more than a hard reset? Something that will even reset all the settings you can change when you enter in your MSID code (or whatever it is...). This sucks
Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Phone won't receive calls. SMS won't show up unless I make an outgoing call

It sounds like your reception isn't very good.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:50 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
It sounds like your reception isn't very good.
same problem with different radios. I have 3 bars and I call my phone and it wont ring
Old 09-30-2009, 02:24 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Oh wow. And you are on shipped and everything. I bet your data settings got messed up. See if you can borrow a Diamond from someone else or even a Pro and compare data settings in ##778#.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sounds like somehow you have your phone switched to Data Only (evdo only) when you make an outgoing call it will switch to 1X and get your texts.

Go to start/settings/personal/phone settings (or wherever your phone settings are).....at bottom select "services"

Scan down and look for "mode of operation" see what it says, it should be selected "hybrid", if it not select it. If it has hybrid checked and you just want check incoming call situation, select 1X and call your phone and see if it rings.

If you do not have "mode of operations" in the phone settings you can enable it in the registry.....

With a registry editor go to HKey_Local_Machine/software/oem/phonesetting/hiddenmodeoperation page and change the value to 0

That will make that option show up in the phone setting page if it wasn't there before, you may have to create that whole registry entry if it wasn't there in the first place.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If the above doesn't work...I would go to ##778# and reset the information. If you choose Edit, you'll need your MSL code. Search the forums on how to find it. Reset that. Might be a pain, but after a hard reset, you should be able to run update profile and restore it.

Just a warning...if you're not comfortable getting your phone reporgrammed and working again...the above mentioned is NOT for you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond