PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

ixl247 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question My miss my old Touch, should I go back?

My Diamond is slow (relatively speaking), battery sucks and I don't need the VGA or G-Sensor... I'm considering going back to an HTC Touch... what do you all think?

Once you go Diamond, can you ever go back?

And yes, I do have a custom ROM that is built for no frills, all speed and better battery life (Thanks to AJM144k)

_IXL247
Old 09-30-2009, 12:27 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: My miss my old Touch, should I go back?

You can if you want. PM me for sending me the Diamond if you want. I will take a free Diamond hehe.

Actually I find the battery life is actually decent once you turn off EVDO if you're texting and disable the automatic screen brightness.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

or just get the mugen extended battery.. adds bulk but price u pay for being able to use the diamond without running out of juice midday...
Old 09-30-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Bushrod is just getting started

Why can't you make up your own mind?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixl247 View Post
My Diamond is slow (relatively speaking), battery sucks and I don't need the VGA or G-Sensor... I'm considering going back to an HTC Touch... what do you all think?

Once you go Diamond, can you ever go back?

And yes, I do have a custom ROM that is built for no frills, all speed and better battery life (Thanks to AJM144k)
_IXL247
I find the Diamond to me a much better device, I made the same switch. The only thing I miss about the Vogue is that it is very successfully running Android, something additional to play with. Other than that, I find the Diamond to be a huge improvement. As far as battery life, I can usually get at least trough the day with listening to music for most to all of the day. Disable all unnecessary internet connections, push email, etc. Also, disable the auto back light adjustment. Ironically its designed to improve battery but the constant adjusting seems to drain it even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrod View Post
Why can't you make up your own mind?
No wonder you have 130 post but have never been thanked...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

ixl247 is a n00b

Maybe I have too much crap turned on... I get about 4 hours of battery life; I even tried another battery from my Touch Pro that work gave me, thinking I have a defective cell... No luck. So tonight, I'll stop those processes and see what happens then... thanks for the input you' alls!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixl247 View Post
Maybe I have too much crap turned on... I get about 4 hours of battery life; I even tried another battery from my Touch Pro that work gave me, thinking I have a defective cell... No luck. So tonight, I'll stop those processes and see what happens then... thanks for the input you' alls!
yeah, 4 hours? holy crap. Something else is going on there.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Something's up with just 4 hours.
Time to troubleshoot and check what you have downloaded that could be giving you such lousy usage

Don't give up just yet on your Diamond until you weed things out
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 09-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Overall I find the Diamond to be a better device, but I am also guilty of thinking about going back to a Touch. For me the strongest reason is speaker volume. Seems like no matter the tweaks, the Diamond's volume sucks. On my Touch it was just much better, and at the end of the day these are phones after all. Especially the speaker phone. On the Touch everything is loud and clear..just not so on the Diamond.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Overall I find the Diamond to be a better device, but I am also guilty of thinking about going back to a Touch. For me the strongest reason is speaker volume. Seems like no matter the tweaks, the Diamond's volume sucks. On my Touch it was just much better, and at the end of the day these are phones after all. Especially the speaker phone. On the Touch everything is loud and clear..just not so on the Diamond.
I recently pulled an insurance claim and they sent me what i assume is a reconditioned model and, as far as i know, they replaced the speaker because this mofo is LOUD. i was really stoked. Sometimes i actually have to turn the system volume down.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond