PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond on Alltel pre-paid

Don't know if anyone has said anything about putting the diamond on alltel prepaid, but I was able to do this today....

I had it with sprint until I moved out of state to a rural area where only alltel and verizon worked, and verizon had taken over alltel in that area and refused to put my diamond on the network, so I bought an alltel prepaid at walmart

That was about 6 months ago, and alltel wouldn't put my diamond on prepaid because they said it required data services

Today while playing with google voice, I had setup my google number as a fav number on alltel so all incoming and outgoing calls are free and saw where alltel has where you can replace your phone online, so I tried it and it worked, so I now have my diamond on alltel prepaid (no data services) but it's better then using a basic flip phone and now don't have to carry 2 phones (I've been using my diamond as a fancy pda with camera)

Just thought I would pass this info on to anyone else who has tried to do this
Old 10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Diamond on Alltel pre-paid

Sweet. So you activated it on prepaid somehow and got it to work with Google Voice? That's pretty flippin sweet.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid
Threadstarter

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

to use with google voice, I have it set to display my number instead of the callers number for the caller id, so I set my 1 fav number with alltel to my number, when the phone rings, when I answer I get promoted with an automated message "whoever is calling hit 1 to answer 2 to send to voicemail" if they are in my contact list it says the name of who I have it set to (contact list on google), if not, the person is prompted to say their name, since the caller id shows my number, alltel thinks that my fav number is calling....

same thing with calling out, I call my google number (like I'm calling voicemail) hit 2phonenumber# and it calls the person and my google number shows up as the caller id, so alltel thinks I'm calling my fav number...

I got my contacts on the actual phone setup to mynumberPP2theirnumber# so I dial just like I would dial normally

so all my in/out calls (as long as I use this method with my google number and it is set in my fav number) are free, and I have tested, talked to my sister for 45 minutes at 11am, logged into my alltel page bout 30 minutes later, it showed the call and showed 0 for charges

and it's all legal, I legally set my google number as my fav number and I call just as though I was using a long distance calling card

I'm still doing research on it for other companies, my family is on verizon, alltel, at&t, sprint, virgin mobile, from what I understand, at&t is the only one that might not work exactly this way, but there is a work around, if you have a smartphone and have data access, it's just a 2 step process instead of a 1 step process

now I don't have data with my diamond on alltel, from what I understand, they offer it at $5.99 per month and .10/minute, but that doesn't bother me, I use my diamond for a bunch of things that don't require a data connection

I'll post more about other carriers as I find out
Old 10-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

This is awesome. Frig, i wish there was a cool cdma pay as you go in my area.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: alltel

runkittyrun is a n00b

if i were you i would watch your balance closely around 1 to 2 am this coming morning and also recommend turning off data settings in your diamond, i've seen people do this in the past with blackberrys on prepaid if you dont make sure the data is off it can drain hunders of dollars when the data time processes over night, and the circle also works with other junction services

i normal turn my data on at night and over the weekend

let us know how your balance is in the morning :P

Edit: i've even see one person with a bb storm on alltel prepaid, thou they lost 134 dollars before they realized what was going on :-O
Old 10-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkittyrun View Post
if i were you i would watch your balance closely around 1 to 2 am this coming morning and also recommend turning off data settings in your diamond, i've seen people do this in the past with blackberrys on prepaid if you dont make sure the data is off it can drain hunders of dollars when the data time processes over night, and the circle also works with other junction services

i normal turn my data on at night and over the weekend

let us know how your balance is in the morning :P

Edit: i've even see one person with a bb storm on alltel prepaid, thou they lost 134 dollars before they realized what was going on :-O
prepaid phones shut off when you run out of money...
Old 10-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: alltel

runkittyrun is a n00b

ya they shut off, but if you have the phone preloaded with money for the next month or two and you check the balance right after using data and dont realizes there can be delay billing of data and continue to use it you can wake up the next morning with big surprise when your balance takes giant hit and you dont put the two together, alot of smartphones and bb use data in the background cause they expect to be on data plans

i'm just throwing it out so people can be aware to turn off data or test it with smaller balances

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond