PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 03:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

erikcave is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I still run a Sprint Diamond on Verizon?

I have been running a Sprint Diamond on Verizon for about a year now, but accidentally killed it in a pool. I am considering getting a new Sprint Diamond but have been looking through these threads and am uncertain if I could still activate it a new one on Verizon today. It seems like the *228 activation rout doesn't work any more. Can anyone give me a difinitive answer if I will be able to get a Sprint Diamond running on Verizon today?

FYI, I don't want the Verizon version because it isn't as good, it is more expensive, and Verizon will force me to subscribe to a data plan.

Erik
Old 09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Can I still run a Sprint Diamond on Verizon?

Nope unless you get a sympathetic agent willing to put their job on the line. Why not just get Sprint anyway?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:57 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

erikcave is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Nope unless you get a sympathetic agent willing to put their job on the line. Why not just get Sprint anyway?
Yea, I have thought about Sprint, but I have a family plan with my mom and she gets terrible Sprint reception in her house. Also, won't Sprint force me to have a data plan also?
Old 09-29-2009, 04:17 AM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sprint will but it is much cheaper. Plus if you inquire about discounts there are some if you work for a certain company or whatnot. For example I live in a big Kroger town and there is a 22% discount so when I switch to Sprint maybe beginning of next year I will do that and try to get that or something.

As far as the Sprint reception, she can buy an Airwave and get better reception.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:27 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

LOL sprint fanboy alert!!!
just playin man.

You can get it activated, call verizon tell them you bought an unbranded CDMA diamond directly from HTC and need to get it activated. They should help you out, if they say they cant, either ask to talk to a higher level tech, or hangup and call back.
I did this with my diamond.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:14 AM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Sprint does **NOT** force you to have data with any phone except the Instinct.

Donate if you like my work!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:11 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Yeah but having a data plan just makes sense.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:06 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Yeah but having a data plan just makes sense.

Yes, but one of his things seem to be data plan forced/not
Old 09-30-2009, 02:01 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

erikcave is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
You can get it activated, call verizon tell them you bought an unbranded CDMA diamond directly from HTC and need to get it activated. They should help you out, if they say they cant, either ask to talk to a higher level tech, or hangup and call back.
I did this with my diamond.
This gives me hope, but it is nice to find out Sprint doesn't require data. I will look into Airwave too, whatever that is.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:23 AM
I see you have a PPC.

It's a little mini signal booster essentially for the entire house.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond