PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help fast! I'm going to Nassau tomorrow

I was told by the wonderfully dense folks at Cellular South that I would have coverage in the Bahamas. Well of course the day before I leave I double check with them and I'm told "NO" I won't have ANY service, Voice or Data! I really need at least one of the two. Any ppcguru's know how I can make it work? I'll be there a week on Honeymoon but I need to be able to call and check on my kids. Even if I can just get data I can use skype.

*Using the Diamond BTW if it wasn't obvious.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!

Last edited by PMDColeslaw; 09-26-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Need help fast! I'm going to Nassau tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
I was told by the wonderfully dense folks at Cellular South that I would have coverage in the Bahamas. Well of course the day before I leave I double check with them and I'm told "NO" I won't have ANY service, Voice or Data! I really need at least one of the two. Any ppcguru's know how I can make it work? I'll be there a week on Honeymoon but I need to be able to call and check on my kids. Even if I can just get data I can use skype.

*Using the Diamond BTW if it wasn't obvious.
I did some googling and it appears that using your Diamond in the Bahamas is probably not possible.
Even if it were, Roaming Charges would be Enormous. .
A nice work around is to purchase a calling card for your family from one of the corner stores in your city.
I think the per minute charges are pennies.
You can then give your children your Hotel number.
When you get to the Bahamas, you can purchase a Calling Card which are readily available and then call your children from any Hotel Phone or payphone.
You may even be able to purchase a Calling Card here locally which would enable you to call the US from the Bahamas.
You have to check if you can use the locally purchased card to call TO the USA FROM the Bahamas.
If you can purchase the card here locally, no doubt that the per minutes charges will be less than if you purchased the card in the Bahamas.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 09-26-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: typo/content
Old 09-26-2009, 05:40 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you can find wi-fi you will get coverage through Skype.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

How about a Prepaid GSM Phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond