PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 01:53 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Ev keeps dropping to 1x?

I live near the LA county and my signal show fine as ev but now jsut around 2 weeks ago or less when ever i try to use data app's like let's say opera, IM+ or so on.... my signal drops to 1x and then back to ev then after a while back to 1x so has anyone else been exp this issue daily? I'm thinking of just calling sprint and tell them as I've been having this issue far to long and yes I've tried flashing to shipped and hard reset lol and update data and blah blah as I've given out those tips to others before ;] so any help will be much loved! oh yeah and to mention before this wasn't a issue so it can't be low or weak signal or dead zone as I normally have 2 bars to 3 or much more depending and still drops to 1x.

Last edited by CaliBoyPhillip; 09-26-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:44 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Ev keeps dropping to 1x?

Yeah call them. Ask to speak to the advanced technical support department because you think it is a data problem on their end.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, maybe they're doing some Tower work or something.
You may have to speak to a couple of Reps before getting someone who knows if something is in fact going on.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

funny, yep, about 2 weeks ago I had the a similiar situation(still going on) with my data slowing down at work. was getting 1000+kb before, now getting under 50kb! since 9/15, I've been in touch with Sprint and let me tell you, they don't care. they outsourced their towers to third parties, second it's like they are walking around at this point waiting for acquistion or something.. sorry to be negative but they have not done good for me lately and as of Friday I was calling other carriers to make the switch. I told Sprint that I'm not keeping them if 11hrs a day my phone cant retrieve data...Its not a paperweight. the rep at the store I bought it from was like "ok sounds good"! I get a corporate allowance at this point so Sprint price advantage is not as much of a consideration now. honestly, I dont want to leave Sprint but the last 1.5 weeks has erased alot of goodwill. if you need to spend 4 hrs of your time to get a trouble ticket but in for a tower outage, than you might realize why your customer base is dwindling..lol.

Last edited by Riley; 09-26-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:55 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Threadstarter

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Nicely done Sprint..... called in for around 2 hours today, first rep said " can you hear me now? ahaha I'm sorry sir please take in your device to the store as it might be a hardware issue " what a nice sense of humor to make me switch lol.... I called again and the next "advance" tech rep told me that there is no wrong issue going on and it's just my bad signal even tho i explained to him I've never had this issue before, after a while of talking things back and forward he told me he was going to transfer my call to better service but in the process he or something went wrong and it hanged up? I try to call back customer service and it calls to Verizon wtf??!?! that's my story so is there a buy-out? something fishy anyways they better fix this by the end of the month....
Old 09-26-2009, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Uh oh
The customer service issues you are experiencing sounds like the crap I used to go thru over a year ago.

Try e chat.
Usually they are pretty good.
There is also a list of numbers to call for specific issues.
You will see them when you first connect for an e chat.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor

I too am having same issues but its worse in LA and I live in the OC where I am now experiencing the same issue. don't get it as its already been expressed that it never used to be like this and is only getting worse. so I've been using the wifi function more
Old 09-26-2009, 03:30 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
I too am having same issues but its worse in LA and I live in the OC where I am now experiencing the same issue. don't get it as its already been expressed that it never used to be like this and is only getting worse. so I've been using the wifi function more

I'm so pissed lol oh well Sprint better fix this as it's kinda sad for the " now network " bad moves sprint I'm calling soon to get this issue hopefully solved =] I'll let you all know how it goes and good luck mbaseball3 I'll try to help you to if i get a chance! - goes to wifi network -
Old 09-26-2009, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor

now network my azz. but us on the west coast get screwed over. when 4g is runnung in east we're still running 3g. its crap i say but eh all we can do is ***** and well i plan on *****ing....a lot. what if we depend on this network to run a business and yet it sucks, so our business faulters? inconsistant to say the least. if you come up with anything lemme know and ill do the same.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philluvzashley View Post
I'm so pissed lol oh well Sprint better fix this as it's kinda sad for the " now network " bad moves sprint I'm calling soon to get this issue hopefully solved =] I'll let you all know how it goes and good luck mbaseball3 I'll try to help you to if i get a chance! - goes to wifi network -
2 pm's sent regarding 2 contact #'s to help resolve your issues.
If not resolved, I have a third # to help resolve it, one way or another

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond