PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Panoramic Wallpaper utility -- I'm up for the challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
Well, to address you first point... the user wouldn't need to do anything to the wide image, the idea is for the APP to do all the heavy lifting, cropping, converting, copying, etc.

But you're right, I think that figuring out how to get the PPC to do it would be too much (and ChainFire agrees). Also, I didn't realize there was such a render time. ANd it's a shame, too, because all of this is because the images are compressed into an AMD format intended to optimize graphics intensive applications... not three 512x512 images that sit there as wallpaper.
If you were an expert at C-sharp, C++, and/or Visual Studio 2008. Then you might be able to create an app like this...if you're not, then yeah it's way too much work. If you do find somebody who's an expert at ripping apart apps....the HTC camera application has a built in panorama feature so you can compile one big picture from 3 different ones. Give HTC a call and see if they'll send you that source code so you can do some surgery on it (joke).
Old 10-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Panoramic Wallpaper utility -- I'm up for the challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
If you were an expert at C-sharp, C++, and/or Visual Studio 2008. Then you might be able to create an app like this...if you're not, then yeah it's way too much work. If you do find somebody who's an expert at ripping apart apps....the HTC camera application has a built in panorama feature so you can compile one big picture from 3 different ones. Give HTC a call and see if they'll send you that source code so you can do some surgery on it (joke).
The problem is the proprietary format of the graphic files the diamond uses without any supporting library in managed code on the .NET compact framework. I'm pretty confident with C# and VS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond