PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Verizon Diamond GPS Unlocked

It seems that the original fix I published for the Touch Pro also works on the new Verizon Diamond.

Please visit the original thread for more info....
and remember READ CAREFULLY

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...23&postcount=1

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

strikeback03 is a n00b
Re: Verizon Diamond GPS Unlocked

Hey, I tried following your instructions and the hints here, and in HTC GPS tool I get data scrolling in the box but no satellites are ever fixed. this is with both mode as cold start and chip to Q 7500 and the default settings. What else could I check?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

If it see's satellites but doesnt lock that means the gps unlocked but you are either having a driver or signal(line of sight) issue. I have 2 rom's that I can not get to lock no matter what I do, then all the rest lock within seconds. There are other instances where you got to let the tool run a few minutes to achieve the first initial lock.

If you run a SSK ROM you should have no issues other than signal maybe.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Lurker

strikeback03 is a n00b

Verizon Diamond, so I can't run any ROMs. I let it run up to 200 seconds, was out in my car where the USB GPS receiver in the dash is finding 10 satellites. It never saw or locked any satellites. Should I just let it run longer?
Old 09-10-2009, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

yes let it run longer.... I didnt mean you cant run custom ROM's just saying I have had a few that wouldnt let the gps lock
Old 09-11-2009, 03:27 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try downloading the program QuickGPS. That may help.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Lurker

strikeback03 is a n00b

In looking for QuickGPS, I found another setting I didn't know about, "Location Services" has to be turned to ON. After doing that GPStool finds plenty of satellites, now the problem is that Google Maps does not. Is Google Maps supposed to work on this phone? Should I look for some other applications that use the GPS to test with?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

set google maps gps setting to manual with teh baud rate at 4800 and the port to 4
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:14 AM
Lurker

strikeback03 is a n00b

OK, it works after doing that. thanks a lot!

Now is the phone bright enough to shut off the GPS to save power with these settings? Or will it keep it on to provide quicker lock-on?
Old 09-12-2009, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

it shuts it off

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond