PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   A few annoying problems in wm 6.5.1, help pls? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86672)

Procter 09-22-2009 11:28 PM

A few annoying problems in wm 6.5.1, help pls?

1. I know I sound stupid, but just updated to wm 6.5.1 23052 but I could not find the place where you can input owner information. I remember it should be in the personal setting, but I only have voice command, button and phone under "personal setting".

W/o a name I could not register those software et al.:violent2:
*edit: fixed with the registry edit

2. with the so-called finger friendly UI, it looks ugly at the bottom task bar, fonts, buttons, and one important thing is not all popular software can automatically adapt to the new UI. For example, memmaid does not , so part of its menu was blocked by the bottom wm bar; haali reader does not, so the "exit" button and ok button (normally at top right corner) was blocked by the top bar with battery icon and time, now I can't confirm any changes in the setting coz there's no "OK" button

3. Youtube app does not work, all videos are "connecting" then a "cannot play the video" pops out

BTW I'm with Juciy 8 most recent ROM, but a lot of problems comes with the new sys and new manila (i.e. disable "programs" tab by default? what was HTC thinking?)

TREmp77 09-23-2009 12:39 AM

Re: Where the heck is the "owner name" setting in wm 6.5.1?

You are in the right place...you should also have input or something like that in there too.

Procter 09-23-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TREmp77 (Post 1186950)
You are in the right place...you should also have input or something like that in there too.

But I did not have owner information under "personal setting".

unr 09-23-2009 09:20 AM

You'll need to edit the registry. Go to "HKey Local Machine\Control Panel\Owner" then delete "Redirect". After a soft reset, owner information will appear in settings -> personal.

Procter 09-23-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unr (Post 1187384)
You'll need to edit the registry. Go to "HKey Local Machine\Control Panel\Owner" then delete "Redirect". After a soft reset, owner information will appear in settings -> personal.

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

haxrnick 09-23-2009 02:22 PM

Re: A few annoying problems in wm 6.5.1, help pls?

I can't find the HKEY directory in total commander. How do I get there to set my owner info?

wmdunn 09-23-2009 05:33 PM

Re: A few annoying problems in wm 6.5.1, help pls?

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by haxrnick (Post 1187991)
I can't find the HKEY directory in total commander. How do I get there to set my owner info?

You need a registry editor like the one attached ...