PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

victimdies is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bricked diamond! Help!!

So heres the story, a few months ago I flashed my phone to the current mighty rom 6.1 wm. Since then it has been impossible to connect my phone to my PC. I have read and tried everything, it won't do it. So since then I have always upgraded by downloading the newest rom directly from my phone and saving it to the internal storage, and flashing it from there. It always worked fine.

Today I decided to finally step up to Mighty Rom 6. I downloaded it and flashed it. I made the mistake of not flashing back to the sprint ROM first. When the ROM loaded up for the first time it was incredibly buggy and when I would soft reset it would just freeze while booting up, and I would have to reflash. Then the same thing would happen, might work and have bugs. Not work at all, never perfect. My goal at the time was to try and get lucky and down the sprint ROM, however I was never so lucky. At some point the ROM would load but for some reason Opera did not install, as if the ROM file was getting corrupted. and when I tried to download through IE I would constantly get a error saying my security settings would not allow me to download the file. I looked at the security settings and changed a few things around, but nothing would work.

I have tried syncing my phone with my computer and girl's diamond via blutooth but the phone automaticly rejects the connection.

I have tried soft resets, hard resets and complete flashes, nothing.

Now the ROM seems to be so corrupt that when I re-flash/hard reset/ soft reset I cannot get past the align screen without it freezing.

And again there is no way I reflash via the computer. My phone will get a charge from it, however it doesn't matter what computer I am on, wether Vista or XP. Wether or not I am in boot trigger mode, or anything else, it simply is not an option.

All that being said anyone have a suggestion as far as to fix it? Or am I f*cked?

BTW: I don't expect anyone to have a solution, but a guy can dream can't he...?

Last edited by victimdies; 09-22-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Bricked diamond! Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimdies View Post
So heres the story, a few months ago I flashed my phone to the current mighty rom 6.1 wm. Since then it has been impossible to connect my phone to my PC. I have read and tried everything, it won't do it. So since then I have always upgraded by downloading the newest rom directly from my phone and saving it to the internal storage, and flashing it from there. It always worked fine.

Today I decided to finally step up to Mighty Rom 6. I downloaded it and flashed it. I made the mistake of not flashing back to the sprint ROM first. When the ROM loaded up for the first time it was incredibly buggy and when I would soft reset it would just freeze while booting up, and I would have to reflash. Then the same thing would happen, might work and have bugs. Not work at all, never perfect. My goal at the time was to try and get lucky and down the sprint ROM, however I was never so lucky. At some point the ROM would load but for some reason Opera did not install, as if the ROM file was getting corrupted. and when I tried to download through IE I would constantly get a error saying my security settings would not allow me to download the file. I looked at the security settings and changed a few things around, but nothing would work.

I have tried syncing my phone with my computer and girl's diamond via blutooth but the phone automaticly rejects the connection.

I have tried soft resets, hard resets and complete flashes, nothing.

Now the ROM seems to be so corrupt that when I re-flash/hard reset/ soft reset I cannot get past the align screen without it freezing.

And again there is no way I reflash via the computer. My phone will get a charge from it, however it doesn't matter what computer I am on, wether Vista or XP. Wether or not I am in boot trigger mode, or anything else, it simply is not an option.

All that being said anyone have a suggestion as far as to fix it? Or am I f*cked?

BTW: I don't expect anyone to have a solution, but a guy can dream can't he...?

Hello I'm not sure what to say but maybe your data cable messed up like mines had but still charges.... if u have another try it mean while i only logged in to reply from cell phone seeing as i was dleeping but wanted to help u, hope u get this fixed before i wske up again
Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

victimdies is a n00b

Forgot to mention I have tried at least 5 different cables.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:20 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Have you tried bootloader? Power+Back key+Volume Down+Center of D-Pad.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

victimdies is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Yes... "Mr. Obvious"
Old 09-22-2009, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

So you've successfully flashed the sprint shipped ROM and are still having problems with the shipped ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I think that might be hard reset. To get to bootloader (tri-color screen), you just have to push+hold volume down and push+hold power button starting with the phone off (ie pull battery/put back in).
Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Downloading a ROM from your phone is a far less than ideal situation.

You probably have a bent pin in the USB port. You may/may not be able to see it. If you can, you can try to unbend it and connect it to the PC.

HOPEFULLY, you have TEP. Try to get it at the stock ROM, and bring it in. Chances are good they'll fix the USB port or replace it.

If not, check the Bargain Trader forum here. Diamonds go for $75 to $150

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond