PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are any of these apps VGA compatible?

Sorry for the new thread, I'm about to get my diamond in the next few days. I have a list of apps that I live and die by and I havent seen anybody mention if they run into difficulties with these particular apps due to the VGA screen or any other compatibility problems so here's my list...

amAzGPS
Sashimi
Skyfire
SPB backup
cleartemp
Schaps Advanced config (worked on titan, but will it on diamond?)
Quickmenu 2.7
TCPMP

everything else i can live with if they dont work... but these i need to know about... and if any dont run on the diamond can you post any replacements that you use instead?

TIA!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-09-2008, 03:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Are any of these apps VGA compatible?

no, not one. just kidding, i use amAze. tcmp,yes skyfire personally i cant herd somepeople say yes,skyfire forum says not vga. spb also yes. thats all i use on your list sir.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Dude you sig is obnoxiously to big. it makes me not even want to read anything you post.

now. as for skyfire it doesnt to work on vga devices.

the rest i dont know.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (CDMA Version)

tg1.0 is just getting started

I used to use a Toshiba e400 Pocket PC with a 240 x 320 screen. Nearly all of the non-VGA aware applications that I used on this device work great on my Diamond.

The OS tells these applications that the screen is 240 x 320 pixels and intercepts their drawing commands appropriately. Furthermore, the text in old programs looks nice and sharp as it is drawn by the OS at the proper size, but using the full screen resolution.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg1.0 View Post
I used to use a Toshiba e400 Pocket PC with a 240 x 320 screen. Nearly all of the non-VGA aware applications that I used on this device work great on my Diamond.

The OS tells these applications that the screen is 240 x 320 pixels and intercepts their drawing commands appropriately. Furthermore, the text in old programs looks nice and sharp as it is drawn by the OS at the proper size, but using the full screen resolution.
not entirely true, there are many apps i have played with that dont work on vga, and they text is so tiny its unreadable. for example. Gmail App.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
Sorry for the new thread, I'm about to get my diamond in the next few days. I have a list of apps that I live and die by and I havent seen anybody mention if they run into difficulties with these particular apps due to the VGA screen or any other compatibility problems so here's my list...

amAzGPS
Sashimi
Skyfire
SPB backup
cleartemp
Schaps Advanced config (worked on titan, but will it on diamond?)
Quickmenu 2.7
TCPMP

everything else i can live with if they dont work... but these i need to know about... and if any dont run on the diamond can you post any replacements that you use instead?

TIA!
I have used Skyfire just fine but a lot of people say it doesn't work. spb Backup works just fine, or at least version 2.x does. I have Schaps Advanced Config Tool installed and it works great, or at least version 3.2 does.

I don't use any of the others, so I cannot help you with those, sorry.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

the newest version of skyfire is not compatible but the old versions will work as long as you minimize the keyboard when your done writing, hope this helps a bit.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network
Threadstarter

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thanks for the responses guys, i just need a quickmenu user to chime in now...

yeah i know the sig is big, but it's durn funny... i'll be taking it down shortly. lol
Old 10-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
Thanks for the responses guys, i just need a quickmenu user to chime in now...

yeah i know the sig is big, but it's durn funny... i'll be taking it down shortly. lol
resize man LOL
Old 10-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Actually I think the sig is great because Obama looks all serious and McCain could care less if Obama takes a crack at him... tough old SOB thinks Obama's funny

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT TRYING TO START A POLITICAL DEBATE, THERE ARE PLENTY ENOUGH OF THOSE ON TV. I WAS JUST SAYING THAT WAS THE FIRST THOUGHT THAT STRUCK ME WHEN I SAW THAT PICTURE.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond