PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 01:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Grogck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA cradle/dock with 3.5mm stereo jack?

Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

I just upgraded from original CDMA Touch (loving the screen and all the great custom ROM choices for the Diamond) but this is the one thing I haven't been able to find yet. I have a Seidio cradle with a headphone jack on it from my original Touch that plugs directly into some PC speakers at my desk in the office. I use it to stream radio, etc throughout the day so I can bypass running the audio through my laptop (I'll sometimes have the Thinkpad docked at my decks, but sometimes I will sit on the couch and work, etc.) The cradle from the Touch technically works with my Diamond, however, the pinout is oriented the opposite direction so it faces/leans the wrong way.

I've seen a big, square, flat one for the GSM Diamond online. But I wasn't 100% sure if it would work with the CDMA model.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

ptsar is a n00b
Re: CDMA cradle/dock with 3.5mm stereo jack?

I've been looking for a cradle with an audio jack as well with no success. Be warned: the GSM Diamond has different dimensions than the Sprint Diamond so you are taking a gamble that it will fit. I also emailed HTC Support regarding the cradle (and report audio skipping issues) and naturally received no response.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Grogck is a n00b

I took apart the old Seidio Inno-Dock with stereo out from my original Touch today and was successfully able to flip the main pivot piece holding the connector around. Unfortunately, it won't lean back like it would the other way due to how it's designed. But at least it's facing the right way for now. I can put some business cards/post-its underneath the front for the lean effect if I want (although it looks a little ghetto.)

I may crack it open again and see if I can take apart the pivot piece holding the connector later on. It seems like a straightforward operation. However, it had very VERY tiny phillips head screws and unfortunately I don't have tools for that here at the office.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:21 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Grogck is a n00b

I've now performed the surgery fully on two Sedio InnoDocks originally intended for the Sprint Touch/Vogue and it's working just fine with the Diamond.

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/crsiahtch-dgc.htm

It's a dead easy 5 minute operation. All you need is a small star bit screwdriver to uncouple the main housing (screws are located betneath felt footpads so remove those pads carefully if you intend to re-use.) Then simply undo the two screws holding together the pivot piece to twist the adapter's seating within it around for proper orientation so the Diamond can now face forward (you'll need a tiny phillips head with a wide, but shallow bite.)

Everything works great now. The phone sits just a hair off center due to that's how the Vogue's connection point was placed (while the Diamond's is on-center.) But other than that I've got no complaints as I was able to reuse existing hardware.

Last edited by Grogck; 09-23-2009 at 10:23 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond