PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Need some extra brainpower here

Alrighty, so my wife brought her Diamond (Sprint) home from work today and the screen had stopped working. It seems that not only will it not display, but it won't respond to touch either. I have tried hooking it up to the computer to run mymobiler, but since the last time I hooked it up, I used it as a disk drive, I don't know how to make it connect as an ActiveSync device. I need to get her contacts and stuff like that off the device, so I need some help here. Ideas?

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Need some extra brainpower here

if you restart the phone while its hooked up to your computer does it default to activesync?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff

Nope, just tried it and it defaulted to disk drive still.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

use my moblier?
try tapping the screen about 2 seconds after you plug it in the computer, where the active tab should be when the popup appears
or press up on the dpad
Old 09-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yeah, I've tried that as well. Doesn't seem the screen is accepting input. Either that or I've managed to completely miss the button each time (which isn't entirely impossible).
Old 09-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
Yeah, I've tried that as well. Doesn't seem the screen is accepting input. Either that or I've managed to completely miss the button each time (which isn't entirely impossible).
did you try using the dpad?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I did, but nothing seemed to help. If you hook yours into the computer, does the D-pad move it?
Old 09-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ok, so I'll be taking the device to the Sprint store here in the next hour. Do they still carry these in stores? I've got TEP on the account, but I'm just hoping they won't replace it with like a Treo Pro or anything. My wife loves her Diamond.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
Ok, so I'll be taking the device to the Sprint store here in the next hour. Do they still carry these in stores? I've got TEP on the account, but I'm just hoping they won't replace it with like a Treo Pro or anything. My wife loves her Diamond.
They've still got diamonds. If not, i think they have to give you an htc device, so you might get a touch pro.

Sponsored by Kools.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond