PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

aecker22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text messages stay marked as unread

Hey. I've had this problem on multiple Calkulin and stock roms and I'm not sure if it's a bug on my part or windows. It's happened on both 6.1 and 6.5.

When I text I don't leave the threaded sms window after I'm done with sending a text because I know I'll get one back, so i just turn my screen off. When I'm done texting this specific person I will then exit out of the sms window and return back to the sms messages screen. The person I was texting will then have lets say 10 unread text messages (or however many I sent). The only way I can get the texts to mark as read is to click on the message and exit back out ten times until it goes back to 0 unread messages.

Is there any way I can get all of the messages to be marked as read right away? It's a minor annoyance and was just wondering if anyone had this problem or had a fix? Thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Text messages stay marked as unread

Do you have the on screen notification..pop up thingy? If so when they come in click menu bottom right and then mark as read.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

I have this issue too. I've found it easier to just be in the habit of closing the thread everytime i finish reading a message because, like you said, it can get very annoying. Its been on every ROM i've tried.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
I have this issue too. I've found it easier to just be in the habit of closing the thread everytime i finish reading a message because, like you said, it can get very annoying. Its been on every ROM i've tried.

yeah i know exactly what you mean, this thing is mad annoying.

At least in 6.1, when you reply to a text, it makes the received as read. but in 6.5 it doesnt... freaking annoying. only reason i wont use 6.5 small sad reason, but very annoying in my opinion.

-------------------------

Why would you buy a Windows Mobile Smartphone, and try to make it look and work like an iPhone?

Kinda like buying a Ferrari and trying to make it into a Ford Taurus.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Right. The fact that this still happens after a decade of WinMo is dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.

Did I help? The is down to the right

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond