PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: NA
Carrier: Sprint

bEaver_2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! Dropped phone and Need to Retrieve Data

Okay so I dropped it about 2 ft on the screen and now the LCD screen doesn't work at all. I have sprint insurance so I'm not worried about it, HOWEVER, I do have an email in the drafts folder that I want to retrieve. Now my phone still works but the LCD is useless, so does anyone know where the phone stores the mail so I can find my message?
Thanks,
-Beaver_2
P.S. Any suggestions when confronting Sprint about my phone?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: HELP! Dropped phone and Need to Retrieve Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEaver_2 View Post
Okay so I dropped it about 2 ft on the screen and now the LCD screen doesn't work at all. I have sprint insurance so I'm not worried about it, HOWEVER, I do have an email in the drafts folder that I want to retrieve. Now my phone still works but the LCD is useless, so does anyone know where the phone stores the mail so I can find my message?
Thanks,
-Beaver_2
P.S. Any suggestions when confronting Sprint about my phone?
Set up and activesync relationship with a PC that has outlook and set activesync to sync email accounts. If you have it sync from device to PC, I would think it would get the saved draft. I don't know where the actual file is stored on the device, but this is one way that may work.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:48 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Or you can remote control the phone through Sparus Software's EveryWAN software. Get the free version and hook it up.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:25 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you have insurance, just be honest about it. Any physical damage will require you to go through Asurion and $100 deductible. If you say you dont know what happened to it or something like that, they will deny the claim and then youll be S.O.L.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Or you can remote control the phone through Sparus Software's EveryWAN software. Get the free version and hook it up.
Good idea. MyMobiler is another free solution to view your phone on your PC.
http://www.mymobiler.com/
Old 11-17-2009, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work

+1 for mymobiler. It's very easy to use, free and will allow you to interact with your phone just as if you were physically looking at it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond