PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 12:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond Keyboards

Hey guys, hope you can provide some insight on this topic.

I'm looking for a good diamond keyboard to replace the stock version. I find tha with the stock "full qwerty" (i cannot get used to the compact qwerty) i find it hard to get the corner buttons while typing. Letters such as "A" become difficult to press and i find myself poking at it wiht my nail just to hit the letter, which is very frustrating while trying to blast through a text message or email.

SPB Keyboard : i don`t like this one becuase its FULL SCREEN... i`d like to see my screen somewhat

Resco Keyboard : Seems like the best choice, although the default skins are poor, and it sucks that u have to ALT in order to get to numbers or periods

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=401274

someone made a resco diamond skin, although it doesn`t work. all the letters dont align with the keyboard, has anyone gotten this to work.

Im currently using the vito zoomboard, but find it crampt at times to type

Anyways.... what are you guys using for ur keyboards i would like to know what works best for you and what you think.

thank you so much!
Old 08-31-2008, 12:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

rikk0 is a n00b
Re: Diamond Keyboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post

SPB Keyboard : i don`t like this one becuase its FULL SCREEN... i`d like to see my screen somewhat

Resco Keyboard : Seems like the best choice, although the default skins are poor, and it sucks that u have to ALT in order to get to numbers or periods

thank you so much!
I DO NOT understand why they designed it to where as you have to ALT in order to use a Period. Just plain STUPID. If it weren't for that, I'd use it. Instead I use the PCM keyboard with the iphone skin.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:03 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

i did a quick google on pcm keyboard with the iphone layout and saw some posts on xda... it involves alotta install this, do this do this ... is that the general way to do it or is there an easier way that you`ve done.. care to share the files, i`ve noticed its freeware
Old 08-31-2008, 01:25 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

hmmm, i downloaded the pcm keyboard and one of htei phone skins, althogh, without even installing the skin, the keyboard doesn't even look right. the background image of the keyboard is all screwy... what version are u using? can u post the cab?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:00 AM
Lurker

t[a]ylor is just getting started

you dont have to hold alt to do a period. just simply hold the button for like 1 second and it changes into a number or a symbol or what ever.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

nitty917 is a n00b

i hope someone makes a really huge keyboard skin as big as iphone for pcmkeyboard
especially made for diamond. That would be nice.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile Re: Diamond Keyboards

Quote:
hmmm, i downloaded the pcm keyboard and one of htei phone skins, althogh, without even installing the skin, the keyboard doesn't even look right. the background image of the keyboard is all screwy... what version are u using? can u post the cab?
When you change the phone skin for some of the keyboards, you need to change the layout to match the skin. i.e. match iphone skin with iphone layout.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Quote:

I'm looking for a good diamond keyboard to replace the stock version. I find tha with the stock "full qwerty" (i cannot get used to the compact qwerty) i find it hard to get the corner buttons while typing. Letters such as "A" become difficult to press and i find myself poking at it wiht my nail just to hit the letter, which is very frustrating while trying to blast through a text message or email.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=401274

someone made a resco diamond skin, although it doesn`t work. all the letters dont align with the keyboard, has anyone gotten this to work.

Im currently using the vito zoomboard, but find it crampt at times to type

Anyways.... what are you guys using for ur keyboards i would like to know what works best for you and what you think.

thank you so much!
You REALLY should give Touchpal a try... Most of us in the Touch forum use it and it's AWESOME.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

I use TouchPal and it is perfect for me. You have to get used to it, but once you do, it is very nice.

It supports VGA too...
Old 08-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

hey guys so I tried touch pal and it seems petty good although how do I quickly put periods after a sentence . rather than holding down with the g and h button ? it allows u to type pretty quickly as well !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond