PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Help choosing a Rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85991)

tspot 09-19-2009 05:55 PM

Help choosing a Rom

Hey there,

I used Juicy since I bought my phone and the last time I updated was Juicy 4.2

I just recently though about getting a new rom so I downloaded Mighty 6 and Juicy 8. I really didnt like Mighty Rom, I do like the classic layout that im used to. Juicy 8 seemed like what I wanted but when I started using it I noticed quite a few glitches and such. Is that because of the new version of windows it uses?

I want a quick, long battery life rom that isnt too flashy. I dont want to be using in progress ones with glitches, I would like a nice stable final version of something.

Any suggestions?

bradart 09-19-2009 06:19 PM

Re: Help choosing a Rom

Quote:

Originally Posted by tspot (Post 1179341)
Hey there,

I used Juicy since I bought my phone and the last time I updated was Juicy 4.2

I just recently though about getting a new rom so I downloaded Mighty 6 and Juicy 8. I really didnt like Mighty Rom, I do like the classic layout that im used to. Juicy 8 seemed like what I wanted but when I started using it I noticed quite a few glitches and such. Is that because of the new version of windows it uses?

I want a quick, long battery life rom that isnt too flashy. I dont want to be using in progress ones with glitches, I would like a nice stable final version of something.

Any suggestions?

Mighty ROM 4 if you're not too attached to 6.5, Groove if you are.

mulhiny 09-19-2009 06:28 PM

I also suggest Mighty. Also, if you want TF3D 2 try out TruXt..very nice rom with great battery.

bradart 09-19-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulhiny (Post 1179381)
I also suggest Mighty. Also, if you want TF3D 2 try out TruXt..very nice rom with great battery.

Lol i also know mulhiny is a fan of mighty rom 3.9 lol its old school but word on my street is that its pretty intensely awesome.

tspot 09-19-2009 06:55 PM

Whats the difference from teh OEM and regular version of mighty 4

dibbson 09-19-2009 07:56 PM

Yeah, i'll have to go with Mulhiny on this one as well. Mighty 3.9 is a very good stable fast and good on the battery life ROM if you want a good 6.1 TF3D ROM. And yes, sometimes some of the newer ROM builds do have somethings in them you have to find workaround/fixes for. I usually flash about every ROM that gets released on here, but i mainly run my own ROM currently 23053 with just titanium no TF with e-natives and CAnalogClock, and is pretty darn stable. But i run a pretty light build. My memory usage hovers around 32 to 33%, not the lowest i've ever seen but it's ok in my book. Hope that helps.

zfxp 09-20-2009 02:04 PM

You could give my rom a try out, :)
and leave some feedback.
I think you'll like it.