PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Best iPhone VGA keyboard yet... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85890)

superassassin 09-19-2009 09:23 AM

Best iPhone VGA keyboard yet...

I spent all night working on it... I'm sure it still has flaws, but it's the best looking iphone vga keyboard that *I* know of. I figured I might as well share it and hopefully somebody else will enjoy it. It's a modified version of htctouchers iphone skin, but I redid all the graphics from scratch and made it VGA. I spent waaay too much time on this project....

Maybe somebody can help me out... So far the Diamond isn't too shabby, I just got it yesterday, coming from a regular Touch. I'm a little bummed about battery life (running mystery rom 4) but the almost deal breaker for me is when i type on the keyboard the first letter of each word I type disappears, what the crap?!? Or sometimes the letters transpose, I feel like I instantly became dyslexic. These two thing are *very annoying*! I've searched and found reference to other people have the first issue but haven't found a fix yet... Can anybody help me out on this?

wmdunn 09-19-2009 10:44 AM

Re: Best iPhone VGA keyboard yet...

You need to give us a screen shot or two ...

bradart 09-19-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 1178615)
You need to give us a screen shot or two ...

please

superassassin 09-20-2009 05:27 PM

ok, added screenshots

bikeandestroyx 09-20-2009 05:35 PM

looks great, im about to test it out

fixxxer2012 09-20-2009 07:41 PM

please port this to qvga and ill be willing to donate. :headbang:

superassassin 09-20-2009 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 (Post 1181525)
please port this to qvga and ill be willing to donate. :headbang:

This is what I was using on my Touch/Vogue:

Keyboard Layout: iPhone v54
Keyboard Skin: htctoucher iphone

I use the exact same layout file for both the VGA & QVGA versions. It's just the skin that needed the updating (for the Diamond). You can customize the layout version to your liking, which is what I did.

tmz 09-20-2009 09:13 PM

(Keyboard Layout: iPhone v54) ? What keyboard is this, so I can use your skin . Sorry for the newb ?

Thanks T M Z

Is it pcm ? Have a link ?

Got it ....

corneliuscrisco 09-20-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superassassin (Post 1178510)

Maybe somebody can help me out... So far the Diamond isn't too shabby, I just got it yesterday, coming from a regular Touch. I'm a little bummed about battery life (running mystery rom 4) but the almost deal breaker for me is when i type on the keyboard the first letter of each word I type disappears, what the crap?!? Or sometimes the letters transpose, I feel like I instantly became dyslexic. These two thing are *very annoying*! I've searched and found reference to other people have the first issue but haven't found a fix yet... Can anybody help me out on this?

I have had the same problems. It may be an issue with the rom you are running. Flashing to a different rom solved it for me.

superassassin 09-21-2009 01:37 AM

Ahh bummer, just got done getting my phone all set up too. But this needs to be fixed, so I will definitely try a new rom... any suggestions?

So far I've found this glitch has something to do with the spacebar... each time I use the spacebar an _ will appear. If I wait a second or so, it goes away. I can continue typing without any problems. But, if I don't wait for it to go away and continue typing, I'll squeeze in a letter or two. Then when the underscore disappears so do the letter(s) I've typed. Thus, deleting the first letter or so of each word that I type...