PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Brodizzel is keeping up the good workBrodizzel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you like your Diamond?

I really like my Diamond. I don't care much for the battery life and I'm getting to the point where I loathe WinMo (so much that I'm looking to Blackberry or Android for an upgrade), but battery life and crummy OS aside, it's been a good phone.

I'm not what you'd consider a 'power user' by any stretch of the imagination, but I've customized the hell out of this thing and it does what I want it to do. It just does it some times better than others. I've grown tired of the buggy-ness and lag associated with WinMo, although I'll miss the freedom of customization.

But like SporkLover says, there are other really viable options as far as mobile OS's go. Viable enough that I'm gonna take the plunge into a realm I know nothing about. If it turns out that I don't like it, hey, I've only got a year or so before WinMo 7 phones start dropping. Maybe I'll give MS another shot then.

Even if I go to a BB or the Hero I'll still keep my Diamond around. If for nothing more than something to tinker with.

disclaimer: I take no credit for anything in my DropBox.
It's all just stuff I've gathered from sources too numerous to recall.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you like your Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
yes your right, and of course you can jailbreak the iphone as well, which opens it up. I just think its alot easier to work with winmo then jailbreaking an iphone or rooting an android phone.
My point was you don't have to Root an Android phone. You can install 3rd party software from outside of the market.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond