PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Question about Internet Sharing. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84895)

kearney 09-15-2009 11:12 AM

Question about Internet Sharing.

I have been using the Internet Sharing on EnergyROM for a couple days now, and I notice that it switches to 1x pretty often... It will start out in EV, but switches fairly often. It says I have signal.. any idea what would cause this.. its slightly annoying cause its much slower on 1x...

CaliBoyPhillip 09-15-2009 12:56 PM

Re: Question about Internet Sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kearney (Post 1167048)
I have been using the Internet Sharing on EnergyROM for a couple days now, and I notice that it switches to 1x pretty often... It will start out in EV, but switches fairly often. It says I have signal.. any idea what would cause this.. its slightly annoying cause its much slower on 1x...

Hey I'm not sure where you live like state or city wise but I've been having issue's with this near the Los Angeles county and sometimes it happens when your account has a past balance i think... If not try flashing to ship ROM and update prl, after that perform a soft reset if you want then go to update profile.. wait for it to update it and wait like 4 mins after it updates then turn off and leave your cell phone off for like 3 mins to 10 if you want. The last thing is call sprint and tel them your signal keeps bouncing to 1x and EV and they might be able to help overall better tha any of us from there end since it's a data issue maybe. I don't have much tips or help for this issue :\ nor do i know if what i told you will even help, Good luck bro! and hope i helped you! press thanks if you want.

robsta 09-16-2009 02:44 AM

Re: Question about Internet Sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kearney (Post 1167048)

This happens to me, I don't believe it is the ROM because it happened on both EnergyROM and Juicy 8. I think the phone just switches to 1x when it gets a low EV signal, since the 1x signal is usually stronger (more bars). It usually happens to me in my room, I'll sometimes get 1-2 bars and some days I'll get full bars. When I only have 1-2 bars in EV, it will be fine for a while and then suddenly the internet just crawls, which is when I notice it has switched to 1x and I have full signal.

I found a work around, if you go to your phone settings and look for 'Mode of Operation' (might have to enable it under the registry, go here) where all your phone settings are. There will be 3 settings you can choose, 1x, EVDO, or Hybrid. Selecting EVDO will force EV.

However this is just a work around because you can't receive or make calls and texts in EV. After you are done with Internet Sharing, make sure you switch back to Hybrid.

Updating your profile or PRL won't change anything for you, unless your using Internet Sharing while roaming, which I highly recommended you don't, you may get charged if you go above a certain limit. All the Update Profile does is set your data settings correctly, which it obviously already is set since your connecting to EVDO and can surf the Internet fine. PRL is for updating the list of preferred towers for roaming.

Hopes this helps ya out!