PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Viruses and Trojans Found!

I was on my Diamond earlier today surfing.
I entered a topic along the lines of Voltmeters.
I clicked on the site, and alot of Red Text appeared stating that 42 Virus were found along with 30 Trojans. There was a number counter that kept counting upwards really fast.
It was counting the Viruses detected and the Trojans detected.
At the end of the page, there was a prompt asking me if I wanted to initiate an Anti-Virus Progaram to protect my Device from the Attack.
I quickly removed my Battery and all was well.
The above all happened in a matter of seconds.
WTH was that all about?
I thiught it may have been a site that wanted me to click on the Anti-Virus which would have gotten me into alot of trouble. IDK.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 09-14-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic/Evo

mr.squonk is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mr.squonk
Re: Viruses and Trojans Found!

Dude, it sounds like you just went to the wrong site...ended up somewhere possibly malicious...adware/spyware/malware site. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, but it's your call whether to be obsessive or not
Old 09-14-2009, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.squonk View Post
Dude, it sounds like you just went to the wrong site...ended up somewhere possibly malicious...adware/spyware/malware site. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, but it's your call whether to be obsessive or not
Has nothing to do with being obsessive.
Just noticed it, and did not know what the Anti-Virus thing was about.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

lol, sounds like one of those pages where they try to freak out people by telling them they have viruses to get them to click on links...and it seems to have almost worked . If you didn't initiate a 'virus scan', the site is just blowing smoke to try to get clicks.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yeah, I thought if I clicked it, I may have contracted the virus
I figured pulling the battery would be a safe bet just in case.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:08 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's probably an Antivirus 2009 page that you went to on your phone. It's a scareware type malware on Windows PCs that is a pain to get rid of. But since there aren't viruses on mobile platforms that I know of or they are very rare, you are fine. Clear your cache and you will be fine I think.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:44 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no worries, i think there were two viruses created for ppcs, if you want an anti virus for ppc, i used to use this before i went Pre.
https://beta.flexilis.com/

worked pretty well since it has nothing to protect against, lol.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yeah, I saw that awhile ago. But as you said, there is really nothing to protect against.
And I read that it slows your device down or something to that affect.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A couple years ago my wife called me at work and started yelling at me about pron. She said there was a pop-up on the screen saying something about a scan of our pc found several hundreds of nude photos and videos. I had to explain to her that it was a trick. I am now in the clear for future prompts! lol

Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Its good you have an understanding wife.
I know guys whose wives would give them grief for the rest of their natural lives and then continue to give it to them in the Afterlife

Last edited by Biker1; 09-16-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: typo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond