PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lilbrulesall is keeping up the good worklilbrulesall is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cricket Picture Messaging help??

Hi i have a htc diamond that is flashed to cricket with a custom rom someone made for me
i followed these directions:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62347

then these ones

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=cricket+web
and when i go to send a pic, it sits at 0% and just says message delivery failed??

does anyone know what i should do such as put a different rom on it orany other things i should check???

thank you in advance for your help
Old 09-06-2009, 09:22 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Cricket Picture Messaging help??

Does it connect to the EVDO?
Old 09-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Cricket

mrfrosty is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mrfrosty Send a message via MSN to mrfrosty Send a message via Yahoo to mrfrosty

Connect to EVDO? Huh? Some people just gotta post, I suppose. Anyway, one thing I've found you have to do is : go to messaging: select 'MMS Options'; go to 'Servers' and click on Cricket MMS or whatever your Cricket connection is listed as; find WAP version at the bottom of the screen. If it says '2.0' good, if it says 1.2, change it to 2.0. and press 'Done'. THEN (a must btw) with a reg editor go to 'HKLM:Software:Arcsoft:Arcsoft MMS UA:Config:mm1:MMSCSettings:Cricket MMS. Change the value WAP Type to '1' exit the program and if you want, for good measure, soft reset. This works and you should be good. PM me if you have further trouble as I might have other solutions to help you troubleshoot. Providing REAL help for fellow Cricketeers based on PERSONAL experience is what I do. Read my posts. They're very few but none are frivolous.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfrosty View Post
Connect to EVDO? Huh? Some people just gotta post, I suppose. Anyway, one thing I've found you have to do is : go to messaging: select 'MMS Options'; go to 'Servers' and click on Cricket MMS or whatever your Cricket connection is listed as; find WAP version at the bottom of the screen. If it says '2.0' good, if it says 1.2, change it to 2.0. and press 'Done'. THEN (a must btw) with a reg editor go to 'HKLM:Software:Arcsoft:Arcsoft MMS UA:Config:mm1:MMSCSettings:Cricket MMS. Change the value WAP Type to '1' exit the program and if you want, for good measure, soft reset. This works and you should be good. PM me if you have further trouble as I might have other solutions to help you troubleshoot. Providing REAL help for fellow Cricketeers based on PERSONAL experience is what I do. Read my posts. They're very few but none are frivolous.
Aside from your shameless self promotion, and the damn-near-spam line at the end, I do believe my friend Mr. Obvious was making sure that it connected to EVDO Revision-A to ensure that the proper data setting were in place, seeing as how a cricket DCD must be intalled and it is a bit hard to find at times. Something about the way you addressed Mr. O's post in addition to the haughty, hubris-filled last three sentences makes me want to ignore everything you say from here on out. I'd like to let you know that I now don't like you and, despite the fact that you'll write it off and say it doesn't matter, ignore me in return from now on, and probably post some pig headed rebuttal about how your experience with cricket and pocket pc's makes you smarter than me to make me feel smaller and that I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll trust Mr. Obvious over anyone like you 100% of the time. You're an asshat.

Sponsored by Kools.

Last edited by bradart; 09-06-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lilbrulesall is keeping up the good worklilbrulesall is keeping up the good work

sooo i did ht you said and i can send picture messages but when it goes to download them it gets to 99% and just sit there and eventually just starts over???

any insight into how to fix this problem??
Old 09-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Officer Android

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrulesall View Post
sooo i did ht you said and i can send picture messages but when it goes to download them it gets to 99% and just sit there and eventually just starts over???

any insight into how to fix this problem??
Let's hope Mr.Frosty is still watching this thread, as his unmatched expertise is anxiously awaited by us lesser users who have no real experience. Maybe he'll grace us with his presence and give us all a bit more insight as to how stupid we all are. Hot-DAMN is he a god among ants!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hahah well i hope he will i hate not having picture messaging.

if anyone else knows what i can do i would really appreciate the help

thanks again in advance
Old 09-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Cricket

mrfrosty is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mrfrosty Send a message via MSN to mrfrosty Send a message via Yahoo to mrfrosty

Bradart, let me first start by saying...you're absolutely right. I thought about PMing and then thought it best to make this public. My response would have been sooner but I work graveyard (and Opera 9.7 Beta won't let you enter text in the 'quick reply' on this site!). I was wrong and not only that, but as you eluded to, most likely in violation of some forum rules. I was in a particularly foul mood that day, and hastily (and erroneously) figured Mr. Obvious's reply to be much of the same condescending 'help' that many Cricket users experience on this site and others. I like the 'advantages' of my Cricket service despite it's 'limitations' and readily come to the aid of those who ask questions with difficult to find answers. I do pride myself in having aptly used the 'search' button and knowing as much as I do without having ever asked a question on this site or any other. However this is no excuse for my ridiculous and thinly veiled attack on Mr Obvious, who it seems was genuinely attempting to help. I applaude your immediate and staunch defense of your friend, and would even go as far as to say you have just cause to report my post to a mod. It is my hope that you show restraint in those regards though,as I am very regretful of my ill-chosen words. It is not my endeavor to cause strife, create factions, or make enemies on this site. After your much deserved tongue-lashing I realized why I signed up with this forum in the first place; knowledge and community support. So if you accept my humble apology, bradart, Mr. Obvious AND lilbrulesall (you deserved a straight-forward answer, not bombastic pontificating) I personally think we should get back to the business of Geeking. After all, if it weren't for PPC Geeks, Cricket wouldn't even be able to connect my calls. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Officer Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfrosty View Post
Bradart, let me first start by saying...you're absolutely right. I thought about PMing and then thought it best to make this public. My response would have been sooner but I work graveyard (and Opera 9.7 Beta won't let you enter text in the 'quick reply' on this site!). I was wrong and not only that, but as you eluded to, most likely in violation of some forum rules. I was in a particularly foul mood that day, and hastily (and erroneously) figured Mr. Obvious's reply to be much of the same condescending 'help' that many Cricket users experience on this site and others. I like the 'advantages' of my Cricket service despite it's 'limitations' and readily come to the aid of those who ask questions with difficult to find answers. I do pride myself in having aptly used the 'search' button and knowing as much as I do without having ever asked a question on this site or any other. However this is no excuse for my ridiculous and thinly veiled attack on Mr Obvious, who it seems was genuinely attempting to help. I applaude your immediate and staunch defense of your friend, and would even go as far as to say you have just cause to report my post to a mod. It is my hope that you show restraint in those regards though,as I am very regretful of my ill-chosen words. It is not my endeavor to cause strife, create factions, or make enemies on this site. After your much deserved tongue-lashing I realized why I signed up with this forum in the first place; knowledge and community support. So if you accept my humble apology, bradart, Mr. Obvious AND lilbrulesall (you deserved a straight-forward answer, not bombastic pontificating) I personally think we should get back to the business of Geeking. After all, if it weren't for PPC Geeks, Cricket wouldn't even be able to connect my calls. Thanks.
I really appreciate this reply. It was very big of you to say that. Turns out you're a cool guy. Back on topic, i really have no idea about anything cricket, so your insight will probably be the most pertinent and accurate
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have used these setting on every HTC phone and never had a problem.

After installing this Cab.

Also check the following
HKLM/software/arcsoft/arcsoftmmsua/config/mm1/mmscsetting
Make sure cricket mms is the only thing here
HKLM/software/arcsoft/arcsoftmmsua/config/mm1/mmscsetting/cricketmms
insure the following wapsend1&2/waprecv1&2 are set to 1024000. wap type 1 (this insures wap 2 in the mms menu)
HKLM/software/arcsoft/arcsoftmmsua/config/mm1/ui/sizelimitwapsend/recvlimits are all set to 1024000. (12) total.
Do not change anything through the MMS menu there is a bug there and will cause it to error and revert to Wap type 1 instead of 2.

Also Mr.Frosty your GPS tutorial works great and even better if you know the IP for the area. Thanks for all you've done for us cricketeers!

Last edited by whitey10tc; 09-11-2009 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Added sentence
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond