PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

alexmk3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
simple problem...need simple solution.

Having trouble with my Sprint Diamond, a couple days after the Mighty Rom upgrade. It doesn't get passed the first screen where it says "TOUCH Diamond" and the little red letters at the bottom... Dunno if anyone else has run into this problem... any solutions would be helpful... thanks!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: simple problem...need simple solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmk3 View Post
Having trouble with my Sprint Diamond, a couple days after the Mighty Rom upgrade. It doesn't get passed the first screen where it says "TOUCH Diamond" and the little red letters at the bottom... Dunno if anyone else has run into this problem... any solutions would be helpful... thanks!!!
I've had that proplem before with different roms. First of all if you didnt flash to shipped rom before you flashed to mighty then you shouldv'e and you need to do so now. That's with just about any rom. Not doing so causes quirky issues. If you did then it may be that you had a bad flash or that you have a corrupted Rom (.nbh) file. Try reflashing (sfter going back to shipped) the mighty rom. If it occurs again, try re-downloading the rom and flashing the new one or try a different rom.

PS
if you cant get past the boot screen to initiate an active sync connection. Put your phone in bootloader and connect it to usb. then you can flash away.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

alexmk3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by powe6563 View Post
I've had that proplem before with different roms. First of all if you didnt flash to shipped rom before you flashed to mighty then you shouldv'e and you need to do so now. That's with just about any rom. Not doing so causes quirky issues. If you did then it may be that you had a bad flash or that you have a corrupted Rom (.nbh) file. Try reflashing (sfter going back to shipped) the mighty rom. If it occurs again, try re-downloading the rom and flashing the new one or try a different rom.

PS
if you cant get past the boot screen to initiate an active sync connection. Put your phone in bootloader and connect it to usb. then you can flash away.
When you say flash to Shipped rom...you mean put back to the original rom? and no i can't get passed that first intro screen...i still can do a hard reset from here? thanks, alex.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmk3 View Post
When you say flash to Shipped rom...you mean put back to the original rom? and no i can't get passed that first intro screen...i still can do a hard reset from here? thanks, alex.
Ok, yes, you should always flash back to the shipped (if not available then try stock) ROM before you flash to a new custom ROM. You should be able to search and find the stock or shipped ROM for your carrier. Once you have it, flash to it, then hard reset. (You dont have to let it set up the shipped ROM just hard reset once the flash is complete and the phone has restarted.) Once the reset is complete, you can again skip the set up process for the shipped ROM and go directly into Bootloader. From there flash your new custom ROM, hard reset if you like just to be safe, and then go through the set up process. You should have no more issues.

Now to get into bootloader from where you're at (freezing on loading screen) Follow these steps:
1.) pull the battery out and replace it to power off the device.
2.) with power off, press and hold the volume down button and the top power button at the same time. *Keep holding them down until the tri color screen comes up on the display
3.) That is Bootloader mode. So now you just need to connect it via usb and it should automatically enter an active sync connection, but you wont have all the WM active sync center programs pop up like usual. *Your pc may detect it as new hardware and intall some drivers the first time you do this. That's normal just let it install them.

That's it. From there you flash using RUU just like you do normally.
To hard reset you follow the same instruction's as above but in step 2 press and hold the center (Enter) button along with the volume down and power buttons.

Finally: All this info is already posted in the forums. Try searching for answers and you'll usually find them.

Hit the THANKS button if I helped you out

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond