PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond Overclocking Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83409)

roteplex 09-08-2009 09:18 PM

Diamond Overclocking Thread

As most of you have probably found out No2Chem has released an Overclocking tool, I would like to start a discussion for CDMA Diamonds and working setups.

I have not been able to get it working using this setup (after several (6) attempts it works for maybe 2sec and freezes):

Phone: Sprint CDMA Touch Diamond DIAM500

ROM: Energy Rom "Warhawk" (Standard) -Released Aug.11 (WinMo 6.5)

Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F

Some have found that it
-works fine running on AC, but not on battery.
-works only if phone and other radios have been toggled off.
-works only if TF3D is turned off.
-works only after repetitive attempts.

Tweaks: I have tried everything but nothing seems to be working.

This has definitely succeeded on more than one CDMA Diamond, running a WinMo 6.5 Rom, so lets compile a list of working setups, so more people can experiment with the overclock.

Please state what phone (Sprint, Telus, etc.), ROM you are using (Please include ROM revision if you are not using the latest release, and link if working), what radio, what tweaks you have tried, and if you got it to work, please state if you did anything special. I am probably going to update my ROM to the latest Energy ROM and Radio soon so I will post back to say if it works or not.

Link to No2Chem's Overclocking util:

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pos...ClockTest.aspx

roteplex 09-09-2009 03:39 PM

Re: Diamond Overclocking Thread

Update:

I have now also tried:

Rom: JUICY 8 - Build 090830V (23037.5.3.0)

Radio:
Sprint 1.11.00F and Telus 1.04.05V

I have tried all the tweaks listed and things have improved, on AC the device remains overclocked for several, about 20-30 seconds before freezing, there is no noticeable difference between swapping Radios.

MrObvious 09-09-2009 03:59 PM

I think the device is fast enough that I don't need to try it really.

spiritcrusher33 09-09-2009 05:27 PM

exactly..ive never had any slowdown to warrant oc'ing.. my diamond is a work horse and has never let me down.. and with the mugen 3000 mih batt i can not worry bout running out of juice...now if i can stop flashing and enjoy a rom for more than 2 minutes i would be in heaven,lol

roteplex 09-09-2009 10:25 PM

Well according to benchmarks conducted by users that have found it successful, there is a great deal of performance increase. I watch VGA Xvid videos at about 1000kbps bitrate and they lag a little, Coreplayer benches went up 30-45% so video playback is alot more smoother. Battery draining is just about the same as the stock ROM. Ultimately if this works our devices will be much faster, so I believe it is more than worth it.

neo3d 09-10-2009 02:23 AM

downloads have all been pulled off his site :/

InvincibleLiving 09-10-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo3d (Post 1153460)
downloads have all been pulled off his site :/

I just downloaded v1.3 off his site... check again

roteplex 09-10-2009 11:10 PM

I have now tried the overclock on Indagroove's ROM COM 4 2309, using Sprint 1.11.00F Radio. The results were much more improved I was able to use the device for about 2 min, performance has improved greatly before the device froze, and would not boot back up, hard reset was required, so backup your stuff before trying. I have also tried latest Stock ROM on HTC's Website, and my diamond froze immediately when the overclock was applied. The newer Energy ROM "Genesis" also froze immediately. It seems that when a lighter ROMs are combined with certain radios, the overclock works much better. Hopefully others can add their experiences with the overclock.