PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 01:40 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Device storage help.

I am looking for a little device storage help. I cook my own roms but have noticed a heavy decrease in device memory as of late. the last two roms i have built are only showing 74.68 of total device memory with 53.47 in use memory leaving me with only 21.22 left over. I have not added any additional cabs, that is all cooked in items. Is there something I can do to free up space or is this just because im using the Rhodium 2.1 manila? Thanks.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: Device storage help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I am looking for a little device storage help. I cook my own roms but have noticed a heavy decrease in device memory as of late. the last two roms i have built are only showing 74.68 of total device memory with 53.47 in use memory leaving me with only 21.22 left over. I have not added any additional cabs, that is all cooked in items. Is there something I can do to free up space or is this just because im using the Rhodium 2.1 manila? Thanks.
I would recommend doing a total audit of every OEM you are throwing into your ROMs and removing everything that is not absolutely essential. It seems things like manila and the like are getting more bloated as time goes on.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
I would recommend doing a total audit of every OEM you are throwing into your ROMs and removing everything that is not absolutely essential. It seems things like manila and the like are getting more bloated as time goes on.
Yeah I have tried that. I dont really use the device memory for saving things anyway but I found the other day that I couldnt receive a picture because it said i was low on memory.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Officer Android

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Yeah I have tried that. I dont really use the device memory for saving things anyway but I found the other day that I couldnt receive a picture because it said i was low on memory.
oh wow. In that case, i really don't know what the problem could be. Sorry.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:22 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

Quote:
oh wow. In that case, i really don't know what the problem could be. Sorry.
Thanks for the help.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Officer Android

Quote:
Thanks for the help.
LOL what help? What kitchen are you using exactly? Does it happen with multiple kitchens?

Possibly try flash to shipped>clear storage through menus>hard reset>flash to custom> Hard reset

That seems like it would absolutely murder any freeloaders in your ram
Old 09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

Quote:
LOL what help? What kitchen are you using exactly? Does it happen with multiple kitchens?

Possibly try flash to shipped>clear storage through menus>hard reset>flash to custom> Hard reset

That seems like it would absolutely murder any freeloaders in your ram
I flash extensively and build my own roms, I always clear storage after every flash.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Officer Android

Quote:
I flash extensively and build my own roms, I always clear storage after every flash.
Ok then if that doesn't work you're going to need a 1 year old, pure white goat (no black or brown spots), 7 eagle feathers, a granny smith apple, and 4 lizard tongues (south american lizards of course). Take these supplies to your local Radioshack and they'll know what to do from there.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:37 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

Quote:
Ok then if that doesn't work you're going to need a 1 year old, pure white goat (no black or brown spots), 7 eagle feathers, a granny smith apple, and 4 lizard tongues (south american lizards of course). Take these supplies to your local Radioshack and they'll know what to do from there.
Cute.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

It varies depending on whose kitchen you're using. If you need more space, you just have to put less things in your rom. I know calkulin's kitchen's usually ended up with less space than groove's with the same OEM's cooked in (ones with option.xml's for the old style). Calkulin included some things in the 'System - name' OEMs (were not selectable in buildos) that groove did not use. If you are using visual kitchen, you can use lzx compression easily to get more space with the same amount of stuff cooked in. I don't know the drawbacks to it, as I haven't used it. If there's rings/pictures/whatever you don't use, delete them from your kitchen and you'll get some space.

You can also not cook in an OEM that has a cab install. If the .exe is large (like GarminXT in my case), I cab install it and use squeezer to comrpess the exe and save some space. This is one area I sometimes wish I had a touch pro - double the space .

Also, make sure opera cache is on internal storage and store email attachments there as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond