PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Multiple problems after ROM upgrade (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83255)

kento 09-08-2009 10:01 AM

Multiple problems after ROM upgrade

My last Juicy update has slowed down my diamond and now I've noticed I can't get the soft keyboard to display. I guess I'll start over again but I just wondered if there is something I'm missing: should I be defaulting the unit before I upgrade the rom?

bradart 09-08-2009 10:20 AM

Re: Multiple problems after ROM upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by kento (Post 1148026)
My last Juicy update has slowed down my diamond and now I've noticed I can't get the soft keyboard to display. I guess I'll start over again but I just wondered if there is something I'm missing: should I be defaulting the unit before I upgrade the rom?

If you get some wackadoo issues with the phone after a flash, flash bak to shipped, update prl (optional), and flash back to custom. For some reason, if you get weird issues like that, they are fixed by a flash to shipped.

CaliBoyPhillip 09-08-2009 10:37 AM

I would suggest you to just flash to your Telus shipped ROM and let it install check for any prl updates while at it if it has any :P ( don't know how your carrier works then then press start at upper right corner I'm guessing, then settings >system > clear storage... once that's all done it should prompt you to install or setup new ROM but this time flash to any ROM you want =] hope I explained nice and easy and hit thanks if this worked out for you and helped you.

- Phillip

Edit: haha bradart just notice it seems you told him what i did but in more shorter words and me in an explained way, Hit thanks for bradart too :P!

kento 09-08-2009 11:22 AM

*22803 is not currently working on Telus - they have a message that they are having problems and won't have resolution until Wednesday, Sep 9. I tried 2x to update the PRL but no success. Go figure, the day I decide to do this and this happens :P

CaliBoyPhillip 09-08-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kento (Post 1148220)
*22803 is not currently working on Telus - they have a message that they are having problems and won't have resolution until Wednesday, Sep 9. I tried 2x to update the PRL but no success. Go figure, the day I decide to do this and this happens :P

Have no worry prl isn't really an issue but something I personality and others like to do for roaming coverage so just follow other steps as suggested =] hope this works out for you bro.

- Phillip

bradart 09-08-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kento (Post 1148220)

Yeah its not necessary nor is it related to your problem. Its just a good idea. The main idea is that you need to flash shipped then flash custom.