PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!
Carrier: Sprint

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Sharing

Does anyone know if i use internet sharing on my work computer are they able to track what websites i go to? For example I cannot access youtube but when i disconnect the internet and use my phones internet sharing I am able to pull up the site.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:38 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Internet Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconig78 View Post
Does anyone know if i use internet sharing on my work computer are they able to track what websites i go to? For example I cannot access youtube but when i disconnect the internet and use my phones internet sharing I am able to pull up the site.

I can't exactly tell you since I'm a teen but it all depends on if it was a hidden pre-installed screen monitor or check up on your system history files daily or weekly or monthly but sometimes work places do that to avoid internet usage and all that, use a program called ccleaner tho to deleted cookies and all that =] hope that helps as I'm not sure how your work computers are being monitor or taken care of. if this helped hit thanks =]
Old 09-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Not on the server side, (via IT room), however, you will need to disconnect from your work LAN if you wish to remain untraceable. You will also need to have administrative privileges on your computer so you can delete the history of the machine under your operations. Your machine may also have a keylogging program installed. It all depends on how paranoid the corporation you are working for is. If you want optimum security, connect via tethering, and use TOR from a flash drive, (or CDROM). However, they may also have external media access disabled.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 09-08-2009, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work

They can't trace you from the network if you are physically disconnected from their LAN. However, this being said, you can still be traced by 'local' programs installed by your IT department to watch for said stuff.

It really depends on the IT guys, maybe you know one of them? Best way is to ask them, but only if you guys are more than just co-workers though, you don't want to set off any flags.

I know here at my place of work they use something called 'NetSupport', which is a tracker/Help Desk program. I don't know if it still logs when it is off the company LAN, but I don't see why it wouldn't. It probably just logs it into a local folder until the network becomes available again.

Working in IT for a while I found that the techs usually don't care about you surfing YouTube or anything at all, unless a superior is asking about it or its using up too many company resources/compromising security. They have better things to do than babysit your internet usage.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond