PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   how to keep htc wifi sharing from disconnecting after ocnnecting to pc (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82893)

GreeKNastY 09-06-2009 01:34 PM

how to keep htc wifi sharing from disconnecting after ocnnecting to pc

whenever i conenct my phone to the laptop to charge thephone but while still haveing htc wifi sharing connected..it just disconnects and i cant connect..any solutions?

bradart 09-06-2009 02:18 PM

Re: how to keep htc wifi sharing from disconnecting after ocnnecting to pc

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreeKNastY (Post 1144202)
whenever i conenct my phone to the laptop to charge thephone but while still haveing htc wifi sharing connected..it just disconnects and i cant connect..any solutions?

Don't connect it to the laptop? Also, if you're going to connect it to the laptop, you might as well just use the regular old internet sharing ap, and it won't melt your phone from the inside out. Generally, i try to use as few radios as possible at one time.

GreeKNastY 09-06-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradart (Post 1144286)
Don't connect it to the laptop? Also, if you're going to connect it to the laptop, you might as well just use the regular old internet sharing ap, and it won't melt your phone from the inside out. Generally, i try to use as few radios as possible at one time.

will internet sharing make my bill go up?
always thought it would since i dont have tethering

bradart 09-06-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreeKNastY (Post 1144947)
will internet sharing make my bill go up?
always thought it would since i dont have tethering

not if you select "data" or "sprint" or whatever it says, just do not EVER.......EVER use the "phone as modem" setting. If its the only option you have, find the internet sharing fix here on the forums. it is readily available.

GreeKNastY 09-06-2009 08:14 PM

well when i search internet sharing nearly half the sites threads come up..so..yea

CaliBoyPhillip 09-06-2009 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreeKNastY (Post 1144974)
well when i search internet sharing nearly half the sites threads come up..so..yea

Hello here is the Cab I've always personality used since i got into diamond flashing and what not, Fell free to hit thanks by the bottom of the post if this helped =]

GreeKNastY 09-06-2009 09:56 PM

ok im about to install..thanks..once installed what exactly do i do...is it failyr simple or anything i need to know

CaliBoyPhillip 09-06-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreeKNastY (Post 1145203)
ok im about to install..thanks..once installed what exactly do i do...is it failyr simple or anything i need to know

I've normally just install and perform a soft reset and then just enjoy =] hope it works out for you bro =]

GreeKNastY 09-07-2009 01:44 AM

so i installed..when i connect my phone i just choose internet sharing use phone as modem..right?

TREmp77 09-07-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreeKNastY (Post 1145647)
so i installed..when i connect my phone i just choose internet sharing use phone as modem..right?

I am not looking at my phone right now, but when you connect you should have three options...1 being active sync...2 being disc drive and 3 being the Internet sharing...you want to press 3.