PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint

bob13bob is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint PRL is updated to 60653

does tihs work with custom rom Mighty? will updating prl mess up the settings?

I updated the prl, but now my "1" voicemail dials some strange number different area code. Data does not work either. I changed msid and mdn to 1111111, then changed back to my true values. still did not work. trying hard reset now. Hard reset does not work either. next step reflash. any other suggestions?

Last edited by bob13bob; 09-07-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:41 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob13bob View Post
does tihs work with custom rom Mighty? will updating prl mess up the settings?
Hey I used the cab eariler on the latest MightyROM and did a prl update and nope no settings messed up so just download the cab i posted eariler on first page and soft reset and enjoy =] hope i helped bro and hit thanks if you want.

- Phillip
Old 09-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philluvzashley View Post
Hey I used the cab eariler on the latest MightyROM and did a prl update and nope no settings messed up so just download the cab i posted eariler on first page and soft reset and enjoy =] hope i helped bro and hit thanks if you want.

- Phillip
yep. the cab should work on most generic roms as well. if anyone runs into any problems after installation, you can always flash back to the sprint shipped rom. normally since I am such an avid flasher, I update prl between flashes while still on the shipped rom. that way you don't need to install the cab. Either way though works

Just remember, this is only for Sprint users! installing this to another carrier may/could/will screw up your data settings
Old 09-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

so update prl just updates towers so you have maybe better reception in areas right?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:39 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
so update prl just updates towers so you have maybe better reception in areas right?
I actually believe it updates your roaming towers like let's say Sprint added a tower,so you have more coverage while roaming. Hope I'm able to explain as I'm a walking zombie in the morning D:

edit: did a small look around for you and here's all you need to know =]

" PRL = (Preferred Roaming List)
The PRL is a list of information that resides in the memory of a digital phone. It lists the frequency bands the phone can use in various parts of the country. (The smaller bands within Cellular or PCS, technically called blocks.)

The part of the list for each area is ordered by the bands the phone should try to use first. Therefore it's a kind of priority list for which towers the phone should use.

For example, say you had a Sprint PCS phone, and were travelling in an area with no Sprint coverage, weak Verizon coverage, and strong Qwest coverage. The PRL would tell the phone to look for towers using Sprint's band for that area. Finding none, it might tell the phone to search for towers in Verizon's band next, perhaps because Sprint's roaming agreement with Qwest was not as favorable, or none existed. The phone would use Verizon's towers, as dictated by the PRL, even though Qwest might provide a better signal.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should. "

there ya go, hope that's what you needed to know and feel free to hit thanks bro =]

- Phillip

Last edited by CaliBoyPhillip; 09-08-2009 at 11:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
One other thing guys, If you are on a custom rom without Update prl in Settings>System tab, you can install this cab to get it. Just install, soft reset and it will be there. Only for Sprint users. good luck!
I installed this .cab and soft reset and went to device info and it still has the old PRL listed.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I installed this .cab and soft reset and went to device info and it still has the old PRL listed.
after you install it, go to Start>Settings>System>scroll down to the bottom, select update prl. if it doesnt work, it usually works on the second attempt. Installing the cab gives you the option to update prl and profile. I updated post one to reflect that. Sorry for the confusion. good luck.

Last edited by Riley; 09-08-2009 at 03:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
after you install it, go to Start>Settings>System>scroll down to the bottom, select update prl. if it doesnt work, it usually works on the second attempt. Installing the cab gives you the option to update prl and profile. I updated post one to reflect that. Sorry for the confusion. good luck.
it seems no matter what I do I can't make it show up in system, i've tried multiple soft resets, i've tried uninstalling the .cab (which you can't), i've tried reinstalling the .cab, however after it says it cant uninstall the old one I opt to install it anyway, and it still doesn't work.

should I try the 2nd zip a little bit further down on the main page?
Old 09-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
it seems no matter what I do I can't make it show up in system, i've tried multiple soft resets, i've tried uninstalling the .cab (which you can't), i've tried reinstalling the .cab, however after it says it cant uninstall the old one I opt to install it anyway, and it still doesn't work.

should I try the 2nd zip a little bit further down on the main page?
yes, that one according to phil works. which rom are you currently using. I wonder if it has problems with certain generic roms.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Almost a VIP

my rom is right under my user name, I also tried through my msl code area (##778# menu) but through there I don't think you can do and automatic update, is there a place I can get the .prl file for the update?

Edit: installed the second zip file and all seems well now.

Thanks

Last edited by violent31601; 09-08-2009 at 04:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond