PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Bad battery life or what (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82679)

Wond3r 09-05-2009 12:20 AM

Bad battery life or what

Does anyone else have to charge their Diamonds about once a day? I find that rediculous. I dont use data or anything like that. My friends charge their phones about once a week. They have blackberries and touch screen phones too.

Any way to reduce battery drain?

(I'm on intx 2.5)

MrObvious 09-05-2009 12:44 AM

Re: Bad battery life or what

I charge every night and I text like crazy. These phones just don't get good battery life. Just do a search for some of my threads relating to battery life and you will get a few tips.

Wond3r 09-05-2009 12:53 AM

Its so annoying. I'm pretty jealous of people that are always on data and talk more than me and only charge about once a week. Im wondering if the touch pro drains the battery this quickly too

MrObvious 09-05-2009 09:27 AM

It's the same phone plus a keyboard. Get a Touch Pro 2 and you will have better battery life.

bradart 09-05-2009 01:03 PM

I've never met a person with any phone, dumbest to smartest, that didn't have to charge their phone at least every 2-3 days.

Wond3r 09-05-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradart (Post 1142343)
I've never met a person with any phone, dumbest to smartest, that didn't have to charge their phone at least every 2-3 days.

When their battery can last an entire week (and not be totally dead at the end of it) on normal text, talk and data usage, why would they charge it every 2-3 days?

I Want a touch pro 2 but I wont be able to get a good deal for it since I still have 2 years left on my contract and its pretty expensive.

bradart 09-05-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wond3r (Post 1142355)
When their battery can last an entire week (and not be totally dead at the end of it) on normal text, talk and data usage, why would they charge it every 2-3 days?

ok... What i was hinting at with that statement was that they can't go an entire week. apparently i'm not good with subtlety.

hessien 09-05-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wond3r (Post 1141622)
Does anyone else have to charge their Diamonds about once a day? I find that rediculous. I dont use data or anything like that. My friends charge their phones about once a week. They have blackberries and touch screen phones too.

Any way to reduce battery drain?

(I'm on intx 2.5)

Turn off location service. I was having to recharge every 4 hours or so , then turned it off. now can go full day with data checking emails (5 accounts) every 5 minutes.

Wond3r 09-05-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradart (Post 1142361)
ok... What i was hinting at with that statement was that they can't go an entire week. apparently i'm not good with subtlety.

Being about week with them on vacation, I noticed it myself. While I had to charge every night (or every other night), they charged at the end of the week. And its not like they have the same phone either. I think one is an Omnia and the other is a blackberry. I'm pretty sure the person with the Omnia doesnt get quite through the entire week like the blackberry though.

And thanks hessien, I thought my location setting was already off but I forgot that I have to check it after I flash to a new ROM. I just turned it off now so I'll see how it goes.

MrObvious 09-05-2009 02:36 PM

Blackberrys just get good battery life and reception. I think they fine tune them for that. But you get what you get, and there is no customization except of maybe like wallpapers or colors or ringtones. That's how they are.