PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Spb Back Up of Internal Storage

I have Spb Back up.
I usually do a back up to my Internal Storage on My Diamond.
I have all boxes checked except Internal Storage, because if I do a Restore, My Internal Storage will be in my Diamond already.
The issue I am having is when I do a Back up to my pc.
I want to do a Full Back up, including Internal Storage.
The reason is because if anything ever happens to my Diamond, or if I want to do a complete Restore to to another device, I have All the data.
I have the Internal Storage box checked on my Diamond, yet when I do a Back up to my pc, Internal Storage is not there.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Is there a setting on my desk top that I have to check which indicate what data gets Backed up?
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 09-06-2009, 12:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Spb Back Up of Internal Storage

I will ask the question a differerent way.
I want to mirror all of the data on my Diamond to another Diamond, including the Internal Storage.
How would I go about doing this? Or just post a link to the thread explaining this.
Thanks.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:19 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just copy/paste the Internal Storage using Activesync and you will have to use Sashimi or another backup program.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I have Spb backup.
That software has a feature regarding restore to a different device.
I posed the question to Spb Backup and I am awaiting a response.

I notice when I start an ActiveSync session, I can see all my files on my pc including my Internal Storage.
If I connect a different Diamond, will ActiveSync retain the files from my first Diamond and restore the data from my first device to my second?
I never did this before which is the reason for these questons.

Basically, if anything ever happened to my Diamond, I want to have ALL the data Backed up, including Internal Storage.
I am assuming that when people restore the Data from one device to a different device, it includes the Internal Storage, since it could have alot of programs in it. And it would be very time consuming to manually install them on the second device.
Having a Storage Card would be perfect, but obviosly the Diamond does not have one.

Last edited by Biker1; 09-06-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I need help with Spb Backup.
I want to do a Restore from my pc to my Diamond.
I go to my pc and access "my backup folders." I click on the Backup File I want to Restore.
I then right click on it BUT I don't see an option to Restore.
I know it is a simple procedure But I don't see how to do it anywhere.
I have emailed Spb but it takes awhile for a response, in addition, their responses are generic.
So I just need a step by step synopsis of how to do the Restore.
I know it's easy but I can't figure it out.
I have not been able to do it since purchasing the software a couple of months ago
I have been able to do a Restore from my Diamond to my Diamond though.
Anyone with Spb Backup please chime in.

Last edited by Biker1; 09-21-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

I do regular back-ups to my internal storage with SPB. Then I transfer the contents of internal storage to my computer via A\S. It only takes a minute or so. If you want to do a restore of one of the back-ups on your computer ... just transfer it back to the internal storage of your (new) device, and execute it there.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I understand what you are saying but can you tell me how to do it.
1) how do you transfer Internal Storage contents from your device to your pc via active sync?
2) How do you restore the Backup File on your pc to your Device?
3) I know that Spb has a "Restore to different device feature."
I do not see a Restore option when I have my Diamond a
tethered to my pc.

Btw, I also do regular Backups to my Internal Storage.
I also have done Restores from my Internal Storage to my Diamond.

EDIT:
To clarify, I would like to Transfer all files from my 1st Diamond to my 2nd Diamond including Internal Storage Diamond using Spb Backup "Restore."

Last edited by Biker1; 09-21-2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: content update
Old 09-22-2009, 12:21 AM
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
I understand what you are saying but can you tell me how to do it.
1) how do you transfer Internal Storage contents from your device to your pc via active sync?
2) How do you restore the Backup File on your pc to your Device?
3) I know that Spb has a "Restore to different device feature."
I do not see a Restore option when I have my Diamond a
tethered to my pc.

Btw, I also do regular Backups to my Internal Storage.
I also have done Restores from my Internal Storage to my Diamond.

EDIT:
To clarify, I would like to Transfer all files from my 1st Diamond to my 2nd Diamond including Internal Storage Diamond using Spb Backup "Restore."
You're making this more difficult than it really is. OK, here we go ... (1) In order to keep a copy of your Internal Storage, simply "copy and paste" to your computer, after you have established an A\S connection. Personally, I don't copy everything ... just the important stuff, like my back-ups, cabs, etc. Any time you want to transfer a copy back to your phone ... simply "copy and paste" it back. (2) So now, in order to put your stuff on the "new" phone ... forget about the restore option, and simply "copy and paste" from your computer to the device ... and once the files are on the new phone, simply execute the restore from there. Of course, you need the A\S connection between your computer and your new device. Hope this helps.

ps ... I just thought of one other thing, which you probably already know. If I'm doing a restore after flashing a different rom ... I flash back to "shipped", and then to the custom rom that my back-up is based on. After that, I then do the restore.

Last edited by wmdunn; 09-22-2009 at 12:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:10 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Prior to reading your response, I connected my first Diamond to my pc via A/S.
I then opened up the files and copied and pasted them into 2 new folders I set up in my C drive.
I named them Diamond Internal Storage and Diamond Device Storage.
So now I have all of the files saved.
Next time I connect my other Diamond via A/S, I'll copy and paste some of the files I have saved into it.
I think I got it now
I very much appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
I hear ya about not downloading everything back to the second device.
I took a look at my files and saw that obviously PIM is important which I use Microsoft My Phone and also Pim 2.8 I believe, to back that file up, and some other cabs I would transfer.
But would not have to transfer everything I have.
In fact, I may clean some stuff up that I have on my Diamond now.
Thanks again
Old 09-22-2009, 02:08 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
In fact, I may clean some stuff up that I have on my Diamond now.
Thanks again
You're welcome, Bud ... glad I could help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond