PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: telus

middah is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to middah
Hard as a diamond

Craziest thing happened....I was talking on my diamond when i dropped it and smashed it off the floor, pick it up and kept talking but the screen was dead. Tried everything couldn't get the screen back on. So after a few tears I drove the telus store to get a new phone. While talking to the sales associate I smashed the phone off the floor again and SURPRISE! working!! So next your phone dies bang it off something?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: Hard as a diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by middah View Post
Craziest thing happened....I was talking on my diamond when i dropped it and smashed it off the floor, pick it up and kept talking but the screen was dead. Tried everything couldn't get the screen back on. So after a few tears I drove the telus store to get a new phone. While talking to the sales associate I smashed the phone off the floor again and SURPRISE! working!! So next your phone dies bang it off something?
Thats sounds like a terrible, terrible idea. Absolutely horrible. Glad it worked out for you though that could've been a lot worse.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Maybe you gotta attach a tether to that Diamond
Either that or put some chalk on your hands
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 09-05-2009, 04:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond/Victor

slightlyevolved is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
Maybe you gotta attach a tether to that Diamond
Either that or put some chalk on your hands
Nah. Better just bungee cord that sucker to your head.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyevolved View Post
Nah. Better just bungee cord that sucker to your head.
lol!..........
Old 09-05-2009, 05:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (CDMA)
Carrier: MTS Allstream

glitchies is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
lol!..........
my exact reaction!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

silicon case anyone? i dropped mine and it bounced a couple times and landed with no scratches, dents or anything.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch Diamond

pwhitersxs is a n00b

Quote:
Not sure what it is about this phone, but I drop it so often it's ridiculous. Usually it's just onto a soft surface, but not always. It's like they made the outside out of teflon!
Old 09-06-2009, 03:10 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhitersxs View Post
Not sure what it is about this phone, but I drop it so often it's ridiculous. Usually it's just onto a soft surface, but not always. It's like they made the outside out of teflon!
Dropped mine twice in a year.
Pretty tuff device although it depends on what it drops on and what part of the Diamond gets hit.
Just like a real Diamond. You can drop a stone and it can fracture or remain intact depending on how it lands and to what surface it drops onto.
The sililarities are uncanny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond