PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Hard as a diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82640)

middah 09-04-2009 06:37 PM

Hard as a diamond

Craziest thing happened....I was talking on my diamond when i dropped it and smashed it off the floor, pick it up and kept talking but the screen was dead. Tried everything couldn't get the screen back on. So after a few tears I drove the telus store to get a new phone. While talking to the sales associate I smashed the phone off the floor again and SURPRISE! working!! :headbang:So next your phone dies bang it off something?

bradart 09-04-2009 06:47 PM

Re: Hard as a diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by middah (Post 1141068)
Craziest thing happened....I was talking on my diamond when i dropped it and smashed it off the floor, pick it up and kept talking but the screen was dead. Tried everything couldn't get the screen back on. So after a few tears I drove the telus store to get a new phone. While talking to the sales associate I smashed the phone off the floor again and SURPRISE! working!! :headbang:So next your phone dies bang it off something?

Thats sounds like a terrible, terrible idea. Absolutely horrible. Glad it worked out for you though :) that could've been a lot worse.

Biker1 09-04-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Maybe you gotta attach a tether to that Diamond :(
Either that or put some chalk on your hands :)

slightlyevolved 09-05-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker1 (Post 1141494)
Maybe you gotta attach a tether to that Diamond :(
Either that or put some chalk on your hands :)

Nah. Better just bungee cord that sucker to your head.

Biker1 09-05-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightlyevolved (Post 1142693)
Nah. Better just bungee cord that sucker to your head.

lol!..........

glitchies 09-05-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker1 (Post 1142760)
lol!..........

my exact reaction!

orangekid 09-06-2009 12:03 PM

silicon case anyone? i dropped mine and it bounced a couple times and landed with no scratches, dents or anything.

pwhitersxs 09-06-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Not sure what it is about this phone, but I drop it so often it's ridiculous. Usually it's just onto a soft surface, but not always. It's like they made the outside out of teflon!

Biker1 09-06-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwhitersxs (Post 1144271)
Not sure what it is about this phone, but I drop it so often it's ridiculous. Usually it's just onto a soft surface, but not always. It's like they made the outside out of teflon!

Dropped mine twice in a year.
Pretty tuff device although it depends on what it drops on and what part of the Diamond gets hit.
Just like a real Diamond. You can drop a stone and it can fracture or remain intact depending on how it lands and to what surface it drops onto.
The sililarities are uncanny :mrgreen: