PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

d5grvty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird Data problems

So about 2-3 days ago my diamond soft reset itself and then started acting really funny. It was super slow to boot up, and TF3D wouldn't launch. I unchecked it from the today screen, restarted, then restarted TF3D, and everything seemed back to normal, everything except the data now.

I don't seem to have any access data when using Opera, Email or checking the weather. Here is the weird thing though, I can still stream internet radio via GS player.......

The user name and password under DATA connection was blank, so I put filled all those fields in, and tried to reprogram via *22803 as well.

Next step is a hard reset, but before I do that I wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas on what else I could try.

Just in case it matter, I'm using mightyrom 4 final.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I'm starting to reach the end of the rope when it comes to windows mobile, it's just drains way too much time to make it actually work. arghhh
Old 09-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Weird Data problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by d5grvty View Post
So about 2-3 days ago my diamond soft reset itself and then started acting really funny. It was super slow to boot up, and TF3D wouldn't launch. I unchecked it from the today screen, restarted, then restarted TF3D, and everything seemed back to normal, everything except the data now.

I don't seem to have any access data when using Opera, Email or checking the weather. Here is the weird thing though, I can still stream internet radio via GS player.......

The user name and password under DATA connection was blank, so I put filled all those fields in, and tried to reprogram via *22803 as well.

Next step is a hard reset, but before I do that I wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas on what else I could try.

Just in case it matter, I'm using mightyrom 4 final.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I'm starting to reach the end of the rope when it comes to windows mobile, it's just drains way too much time to make it actually work. arghhh
You should just flash your shipped rom again. Then see if your data is working again, if not, go into to setting, System tab, update profile. See if it works.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

d5grvty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Weird Data problems

Yea I was kinda of hoping not to have to do that, here is another part to the mystery, tethering works just fine

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond