PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 07:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

cturnbull802 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cturnbull802
texting on diamond

im sure this has been beat to death, however i wanted to make my own thread!!

coming from a full keyboard is the diamond a realistic option? i do a lot of texting as i cant walk around talking on my phone all day at work. i love the size of the diamond and as you all probably know slightly used or even new they are great value
i currently have a q9c and its getting really banged up, im not really all that thrilled with the new linup of phones, they all seem to have the same processors memory from last year with some new sparkle. so i have been looking at my options for something new to hold me over.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:36 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Re: texting on diamond

texting is fine. i use the stylus most of the time but with touchpal i dont even need it. its just faster for me with it. if you cant live with a onscreen keyboard then get the pro

Last edited by Curb71; 09-02-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've had the Diamond and the Pro and while there is a small learning curve going to an onscreen KB you get used to it. I can fire off text pretty fast using the stock keyboard. I also have SPB Fullscreen KB for longer emails etc..

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 09-02-2009, 08:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

cturnbull802 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cturnbull802

thanks for the feedback, i kinda wanna try it just for something different. i was skimming over the best keyboard thread. these phones seem to be selling for extremely good value right now.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cturnbull802 View Post
thanks for the feedback, i kinda wanna try it just for something different. i was skimming over the best keyboard thread. these phones seem to be selling for extremely good value right now.
I don't text a lot. My last phone was a motorola Q, which was very easy to type on. I have "gotten used to" texting on screen, but don't love it. If you text a lot, you should give it a lot of thought before jumping..
Pete
Old 09-03-2009, 08:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond, Palm Pre, iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

Csquare is just getting started

I text alot and answer emails even more. I own the diamond and an iPhone. Personally, the diamonds on-screen keyboard is useless to me as my fingers are large. Typing with a stylus is even slower! If you wanted an on-screen keyboard, I would look for a phone with a larger display (if you have big fingers) or opt for a phone with keyboard.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:11 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

My thumbs are short but stubby yet I've found that TouchPal actually does pretty good in compact qwerty mode for me. I did one online speed test through Opera and got 35 WPM. I just use my right hand and everyone is just amazed at my typing ability.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond