PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation How do I cook a new SIP into ROM

** MODS, please move this thread if its not in the appropriate place **

Hey guys,

I'm on a Sprint Diamond and I'm using OMJ's kitchen (erviuskitchen) to cook a ROM.

I want to cook a new SIP (Swype) into my ROM but can't find any info about how to go about it..

So far, this is what I've done.

I got the EXT folders (the SIP and the skin) from the Swype thread at XDA and placed it in:

EXT > Diamond > Common > Packages

I cooked a rom after doing this but the new SIP doesn't show up. Am I missing something?

I appreciate the help!!

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F

Last edited by aeropatel; 01-22-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: How do I cook a new SIP into ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
** MODS, please move this thread if its not in the appropriate place **

Hey guys,

I'm on a Sprint Diamond and I'm using OMJ's kitchen (erviuskitchen) to cook a ROM.

I want to cook a new SIP (Swype) into my ROM but can't find any info about how to go about it..

So far, this is what I've done.

I got the EXT folders (the SIP and the skin) from the Swype thread at XDA and placed it in:

EXT > Diamond > Common > Packages

I cooked a rom after doing this but the new SIP doesn't show up. Am I missing something?

I appreciate the help!!
By not showing up, you mean in the input selection menu? If so, something was wrong or left out of the EXT. The location you put it in the kitchen is fine and as long as you selected it while cooking, it should be there. I've attached an EXT I made. It has the default-looking skin, but it is larger than the one on the original VGA cab (it now takes up about 1/2 of the screen so that buttons are bigger). I have also removed some of the tutorial images and files to save space. Be aware though that by cooking the SIP into the ROM, you're wasting ~6.7 mb of space. Everything that gets cooked into the ROM is put in \windows. Swype is then copied to \Program Files, doubling the amount of space it would take up vs. just installing the cab. I use sashimi to install swype to internal storage on my ROMs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VGA Swype EXT.zip (1.06 MB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work
Re: How do I cook a new SIP into ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
By not showing up, you mean in the input selection menu? If so, something was wrong or left out of the EXT. The location you put it in the kitchen is fine and as long as you selected it while cooking, it should be there. I've attached an EXT I made. It has the default-looking skin, but it is larger than the one on the original VGA cab (it now takes up about 1/2 of the screen so that buttons are bigger). I have also removed some of the tutorial images and files to save space. Be aware though that by cooking the SIP into the ROM, you're wasting ~6.7 mb of space. Everything that gets cooked into the ROM is put in \windows. Swype is then copied to \Program Files, doubling the amount of space it would take up vs. just installing the cab. I use sashimi to install swype to internal storage on my ROMs.
thank you so much... that worked perfectly. i guess it was the package i had. space wasn't the issue. I still have about 60MB of space left so I'm good. Now I just gotta figure out the over lapping issue into LEO dialer and I'll be happy with the rom I cooked. Thanks again!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond