PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: YOUR next sprint phone?

If I go to Sprint I'm probably getting the TP2.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
is the Hero coming to Sprint?
Yes, this is what I'm upgrading to.

I'm going to give Windows Mobile a break, until Windows Mobile 7. Not investing in anymore WinMo devices. I'm borrowing a friends G1 to get a feel of whats to come, app wise. I like what I see.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:49 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Yes, this is what I'm upgrading to.

I'm going to give Windows Mobile a break, until Windows Mobile 7. Not investing in anymore WinMo devices. I'm borrowing a friends G1 to get a feel of whats to come, app wise. I like what I see.
Hey Genjinaro,

I have the feeling the hero is gonna hit the spot for me since I've been getting the feeling to try that Os badly... wanted to try the pre but eariler today i played with one and didn't feel right for me :P the android OS supports a good amount of app's correct like palringo and IM+ =D? thats mainly what i care for IM and good battery life and internet searching ect...
Old 08-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

my contract is up in two months but if I stay with sprint, I am getting the hero. I might look at the touch pro...not sure yet. I had three pre's and returned them due to poor build quality and lack of everything. HTC makes palm look like a joke when it comes to build quality. I hope a palm fanboy not reading this because they are very defensive like iPhone fanboys. My diamond has been a great phone

I think the hero is going to be a simply everything phone because it is going to be an exclusive in the states.

I have about a 100 paid apps and games ready for hero. I can't wait.

Last edited by jjday7; 08-31-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor

I personally was thinking about dropping WM and going BB and getting the tour. However, not sure if I can deal with not having a touch screen and if I will have to get the BB plan.

I think a hard keyboard is a must on my next phone, however we will see how the hero works with multi-touch. I just feel like I can duplicate the Hero already on my Diamond... just WM style. I want something new and different that doesnt require customizations!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:56 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned197 View Post
I personally was thinking about dropping WM and going BB and getting the tour. However, not sure if I can deal with not having a touch screen and if I will have to get the BB plan.

I think a hard keyboard is a must on my next phone, however we will see how the hero works with multi-touch. I just feel like I can duplicate the Hero already on my Diamond... just WM style. I want something new and different that doesnt require customizations!

The Pre was made for you.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

I definitely want a Diamond2 but I'm afraid it's either gonna take too long or not come to Sprint at all. I've had my Diamond for almost a year and that's about as long as I can go without switching so I'm getting the Hero the day it comes out. Already been researching the boards etc for how to root it and install custom stuff etc. It's not gonna be nearly as much fun as the Diamond was but at least it'll be something new. Oh well.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

it will be even more fun than the diamond. android will open the door to way more customizing especially with the new htc platform. I have toyed with the mytouch and did a whole bunch of customizing before taking advantage of the 14 days with tmobile. The hero will be even better than the mytouch.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
The Pre was made for you.

Haha yeah.. the keyboard seemed a little too small for me and the hardware issue I have heard about deterred me away. Also I would once again have to convince my parents to change the sprint plan, when it took me about 6 months to convince them to let me have data :P
Old 08-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
is the Hero coming to Sprint?
everything ive seen says that sprint is getting the hero: cdma fcc certification, htc sprint hero support page, etc. im really looking foward to the hero. its going to be tough to choose between the hero and diamond2...im hoping if sprint gets the D2 that it is the whitestone version verizon is getting with the 3.6" screen (basically its the touch hd). if its not definitely the hero. although ill still keep my diamond since ill still need my windows mobile fix.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond